Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Main post/future edit

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Chapter 1

On the side of a road in the Appalachians a car was parked. Outside was an entrance to a part of the Appalachian Trail. Two figures were sitting inside of the car. It was June and summer vacation had started. The figures were both teenagers. And they were having a heated debate that had been the subject of many arguments for several weeks.

“There’s no such thing and you know it. Please don’t go Cajun.” A teenage boy said to his friend.

“Just because you’ve never seen it yourself doesn’t mean it isn’t real Nathan. You never know.” said Cajun getting increasingly annoyed.

“Dude. There is no proof! The entire idea is total $^&$*(.”

“Exactly Nathan. There is no evidence to prove it exists. You are correct… However vice versa says the opposite. There is nothing that proves definitively it doesn’t exist.”

“Cajun man… Look. You can’t spend your summer doing this. It’s a waste! Searching for some creature! You don’t even know what it looks like!” Nathan said aiming to try and discourage his friend’s plan.

“Sure I do Nathan.” Cajun assured him, taking out a book from the backpack at his feet.

The book was full of page markers and quite battered. It had been read many times throughout its life. Cajun scrambled through it frantically looking for the right page. Suddenly he stopped and pointed at a gritty picture of a brown furry animal standing on two legs.

See this dude? That’s a still from the only known video footage of it. Tall, stands on two legs, hairy among the most obvious. The thing, things if there is more than one, are very shy and reclusive. They lurk out in the forest and rarely show themselves to humans.”

“Looks fake. Who would waste their time making that? Did some teen make that and post that crap on Youtube? Who would buy that? Look! It’s so fake looking. Look at it! That’s obviously some stuffed bear they posed standing upright!” Nathan objected, cracking up hysterically.

“No. It was filmed by some guy out in the woods a few years back. And what do you mean a BEAR!? This is obviously not a bear! Look at the muzzle! It’s some kind of large canine. The scientific community’s opinion on it stands divided currently. Many say that it’s concrete evidence that the cryptid known as the Space Cowboy is real. But there are many disbelievers who shun it as a crude and hastily made hoax.” Cajun said annoyed with his friend’s stubborn attitude.

“Yeah no doubt about that.” Nathan snickered.

“And I in fact believe in this crap. See you in a month.” Cajun said, getting out of the car.

“Cajun. Get back in the car. Now.” Nathan said, sternly staring at him.

“No. I told you. I thought we had already been through this.” Cajun objected.

“You could at least stop forcing Simian to go on this wild goose chase with you every year at least! We’ve all got better things to spend our summer doing!” Nathan complained whiningly.

“Don’t worry Nathan. Tarzan mah man enjoys doing this with me. He comes willingly. I don’t force him at all. I don’t even have to do anything to get him to come.” Cajun informed him, heading towards the trail.

“Wait where you going? Simian isn’t here yet! How will he find you?” Nathan yelled at Cajun surprised.

“Don’t worry. Our friend won’t have to look hard. I’m going to be waiting for him right here.” Cajun said, pointing at an old wooden bench.

“Cajun… You know I’ll stay here and wait with you if you want.”

“It’s okay Bulby. You should get going. I don’t want to hold you up. Don’t you have somewhere to go? I thought you were telling me you couldn’t stay long before we got here.” Cajun reminded him.

“Oh crap! Belbell’s waiting for me!” Nathan screamed in horror. “Cajun please reconsider. There’s nothing out there.”

“We’ll see about that.” said Cajun.

As Nathan floored the car he said to himself “Oh well. At least I tried to talk some sense into him. Now time to pick up my hot date!”

End of Chapter 1

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Chapter 2

In Belbell’s neighborhood a boy named Gbleek lived. He was pretty mischievous, foolish, and lazy. He was known by almost everybody in the neighborhood as his generation’s Dennis the Menace. Recently Gbleek had done something very bad that could have him arrested. He forged a form online to get a helper monkey specially trained to help the blind. He was up to no good. He planned to use it do his chores and do other things like steal food and videogames. Basically he envisioned using it as a personal slave. When it arrived one afternoon he was really excited.

“Oh sweet! Let’s test this monkey out.” Gbleek said to himself walking across the road to Belbell’s house. He turned to his Capuchin and told it “Go into that house and get me all the stuff in the fridge Bleek! And raid the pantry too! I want some Little Debbies! And if you find a pound of sugar you better get it in your head now that you’re bringing it back.” he told his unjustly gained helper monkey.

Bleek scratched his head and hooted the way all monkeys do. He stared at his owner for a few seconds confused as to why he was being used to do this for him. Bleek stared for a few more seconds at Gbleek and ran towards the window to the kitchen. Gbleek opened it for him and Bleek scurried hastily inside.

…………………………………………………………………………

Nathan was running late. Belbell was growing increasingly displeased with his increasingly noticeable absence. She grew tired of watching TV and flung the remote across the room and pouted in hurt anger.

“When is he getting here? He was supposed to pick me up over an hour ago! He is so going to get it when he gets here.” she muttered about to cry.

Suddenly she saw lights pulling up in the driveway. She ran to the door and flung it open. She happily found Nathan. She considered running up to him and kissing him in joy but decided he didn’t deserve it. He was an hour late. Nathan needs to work harder to earn a kiss now.

“Hey Belbell! So I heard you like Mudkipz?” Nathan hollered happily.

Belbell stared at him. “What!? Is that your best pickup line?”

“Yeah… But I don’t understand… You’re not impressed? Zeldafan told me it’d be cool…” Nathan said embarrassed.

Belbell laughed uncontrollably. “Poor, sweet, gullible, Nathan.” She smiled. “I need to get something inside real fast wait here.”

“Sure. And by the way Belbell did you happen to get the surprise I brought by earlier?” he asked her.

“No Nathan. Where is it? I put it in the kitchen when I swung by earlier.” he boasted happily.

“Oh cool.” She said excited.

Belbell skipped happily back into the house. Belbell grabbed her purse first before deciding she wanted to know immediately what Nathan had got her. She made for the kitchen and screamed. Outside in the car Nathan jumped out and ran to find her.

“Belbell! What’s the matter!” he called as he ran for the kitchen.

“What the hell is this!” she cried out in horrified anger.

“What, you don’t like it?” he said sadly, further embarrassed.

“Uh duh. Why the hell would I want a damn monkey!?” she screamed.

“A monkey!? I got you a box of chocolates!” he asked walking into the kitchen. “Oh cool! A monkey! Look at its tail! Hee hee. When’d you get it? What’s it’s name?” he asked her.

“Name? Do you actually think my parents and I decided to get some primate and keep it in our house!? And I know it’s a monkey Nathan! What the hell is it doing in my dad’s kitchen! Why do you think I would be thrilled about having a monkey in my house?” she screamed in anger and panicking. “Oh my god… What if my dad comes home soon?”

“It looks like it’s raiding the fridge.” Nathan observed, pointing out what was really obvious, as Bleek was constantly grabbing food and throwing it out the window.

“Like no way Einstein. Kill it or something! Make it stop Nathan!” Belbell pleaded endearingly.

“Stop monkey! Stop!” Nathan yelled firmly.

The monkey stopped and stared at him. It put down a 6 pack of beer. Nathan and Belbell were confused as to what the monkey had just done. Nathan was shocked himself. He actually was respected by a little monkey?

“Did it just stop Nathan?” Belbell asked in amazement.

“Um… Yes? Um… I’ve domesticated it? Yeah! I domesticated it!” he boasted, hoping he had impressed her by unknowingly stopping a trained monkey by simply saying “Stop.”

“Nathan. It’s nice that you stopped it from trashing my house any further but get it the hell out!” Belbell said in a sudden change of tone from her bewilderment.

“Okay! Okay! I’m on it! Jeez… Get me a broom…” Nathan requested.

Belbell grabbed a broom and handed it to him. Suddenly she ran out of the room leaving Nathan all alone with a monkey. When she returned she was wielding a large metal baseball bat. Nathan was relieved.

“Is that for me? Thanks.” he said reaching out his hand for the baseball bat.

"No it’s for me. For protection.” she informed him calmly.

“Oh… lovely. Good for you.” Nathan told her while looking disappointingly at his flimsy, skinny broom.

Suddenly a red pickup pulled into the driveway outside. Belbell and Nathan stared at the monkey in horror. A man got out and walked up the door taking out his keys. The door opened and Belbell’s dad walked in.

“I’ll keep him busy Nathan! Deal with it!” said Belbell.

“Um. Okay.” said Nathan raising his broom.

In the living room Belbell’s voice was heard saying “Dad! You’re home!” cheerily. “Don’t go in the kitchen.” she added quickly.

“Hi sweetie! Why what’s wrong?” he asked concerned, running for the kitchen.

Bleek was sitting on the ground drinking a beer. Beer was dribbling down it’s face and it looked sick. Hooting happily it collapsed on the ground out cold. Suddenly Belbell’s dad walked in.

“Oh my *(&%% god! Belbell! What the hell happened!? Why is my kitchen trashed! Why is there a damn monkey on the ground!? What!? It’s drinking my beer! You’re letting it do that? Why didn’t you call animal control!? How did it even get inside!?” Belbell’s dad screamed infuriated before he turned and saw Nathan hugging the wall behind him trying to hide undetected.

“Hey wait what the hell… You!!!" he yelled, pointing at Nathan angrily.

“Who me?” Nathan whimpered frightened.

“Yeah you!!! So you're the one dating my daughter!!!” Belbell’s dad screamed back.

“Oh crap… Um... Sir is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Nathan muttered, raising his arms in fright.

End of Chapter 2

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Chapter 3

Cajun was sitting on the wooden bench. It was really old and had many names scratched into the wood. It was pretty uncomfortable. Cajun heard someone approaching and turned. Simian had arrived. And he had some unexpected company with him.

“Simian… Uh. What’s that on your shoulder dude?” said Cajun surprised, staring at a brown monkey.

“It’s called a spider monkey Cajun!” squealed Simian with joy.

“So I see… What’s it doing there?” asked Cajun, still staring at it in surprise.

“It’s sitting on it’s perch. Aka: My arm.” Simian told him, petting the spider monkey happily.

“Why do you have it Simian?” Cajun asked, a little bit annoyed that he still hadn’t really answered his question.

“I found it. It was in a tree in my backyard! And it’s mine! All mine! I named it Mokey! Hey little Mokey!” exclaimed Simian with joy explaining.

Simian reached into his pocket and took out a pack of banana chips. He grabbed one and held it up to Mokey. It reached for it and lifted it up to its nose. It sniffed it warily for a few seconds before grabbing it and munching happily away.

“You want to hold it? I don’t mind Cajun. Pet it! It likes it!” said Simian, picking up the monkey and holding it towards him.

“Um. Maybe later.” Cajun said laughing, turning it away.

“Your loss.” said Simian, putting Mokey back on his shoulder.

“Dude… You do know that a troop of spider monkeys escaped from the zoo last week right? They’re going to want it back.” Cajun said slowly, hating to break it to his friend.

“Oh please Cajun! Don’t make me get rid of it! You know I love monkeys!” Simian pleaded while looking endearingly at the little creature.

“Fine I won’t do it myself. It’s kind of cooling looking anyway. You do have a story of what to say if the word gets out you have a baby spider monkey living at your house right?” asked Cajun concerned.

“Don’t worry Cajun. It’s all covered. I bought it on Ebay.” he affirmed him confidently.

“Right…” Cajun said chuckling. “Well you ready to get going?”

“Yup! Mokey is too!” he said petting Mokey.

Mokey hooted happily and scurried over to Simian’s other arm. Suddenly someone coughed. It was neither Cajun nor Simian. Cajun looked to the side and noticed Zeldafan. Simian turned and jumped.

“Hey Zeldafan! When did you get here?” Cajun asked.

“I’ve been here.” Zeldafan corrected. “The whole time. I’ve been with Simian.”

“You’ve been with me Zeldafan? Since when?” asked Simian confused.

“The whole freaking time! I’ve even been talking to you on the hike here! You’ve been ignoring me! You’re like obsessed with the monkey! Everytime I say something you talk to the monkey instead of me!”

“Hey! Take that back! Mokey’s cool!” said Simian insulted.

Mokey crossed his arms displeased. It seemed to have some sort of awareness it was being spoken about in a negative way. Simian crossed his arms too. Cajun laughed.

“No! Can we get going?” Zeldafan said disgusted.

“You’re coming with us?” said Cajun and Simian simultaneously, baffled.

“Yeah! I’ve told you every day for the past four weeks! You guys always ignore me!” Zeldafan yelled angrily.

“We do not!” said Cajun defensively.

“Yeah!” Simian agreed.

“Oh yeah? When did I get here?”

“Just now.” Cajun and Simian told him together.

“I hate being ignored.” Zeldafan sighed to himself sadly in annoyance.

End of Chapter 3

Bob the Builder

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 pm

OLOL I REMEMBER THIS! XD
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Chapter 4

“Yeah you!!! So you're the one dating my daughter!!!” Belbell’s dad screamed back.

“Oh crap… Um... Sir is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Nathan muttered, raising his arms in fright.

“For you… it’s a bad thing.” said Belbell’s dad pounding his fists. “Belbell sweetie. Go get… my gun.” he barked demandingly.

“No! Dad! You can’t kill Nathan!” Belbell screamed.

“I sure as hell can. I just have to take off the safety! Just you watch! I’m going to deal with this boy! And I only have to do it once.. And throw the monkey out the window first.” he ordered.

“Please don’t kill me sir! I didn’t do anything wrong!” Nathan pleaded helplessly as Belbell’s dad grabbed him.

Belbell walked over towards the capuchin. She picked it up and held it away at arms length. She flung it out the window and into the bush. She turned back around and started walking over towards the door where her father was standing. Her dad’s back was turned and Nathan looked at her scared out of his mind. She silently grabbed a metal pot.

“Let him go dad.” she demanded.

“No Belbell. No boy is good enough for you. Now get my gun! So boy… You planned to go and elope with my ward?” said her father, still focusing on trapping Nathan while Belbell got his gun for him.

“What are you talking about!? Please! We were just going to the movies to see the new Indiana Jones!” he started whimpering as the man's hands silently strangled him.

No dad!” she screamed, slamming the pot into the back of her dad’s head.

“Aaaagh! You little ingrate!” her dad yelled in pain, releasing Nathan from his grasp to grab his head.

“Run Nathan!” yelled Belbell, running for the door.

“Let’s get out of here!” Nathan agreed.

“I’ll kill you boy! I’m coming to get you!” Belbell’s dad screamed behind them.

………………………………………….

Outside of Belbell’s house near the kitchen window, Gbleek was holding his helper monkey in tears. He believed it to be dead. He was too lazy and idiotic to even think about checking for a pulse. Suddenly he heard a voice scream inside the kitchen “I’ll kill you boy! I’m coming to get you!” and jumped out of the bush.

“Oh my god! Crap! He’s on to me! I don’t wanna die!” Gbleek screamed in his head.

Gbleek looked around quickly for a better place to hide and saw Nathan’s car. He looked quickly around, picked up his “dead monkey” and made a dash for freedom to it. He flung the door open and quickly hid in the backseat. He lay on the floor monkey in hand and shivered uncontrollably nonstop.

…………………………………………………..

“Run Belbell!” screamed Nathan.

Nathan got to his car first. He jumped on it and slid over it like the Duke boys do with the General Lee. He quickly got in the drivers seat and put the key in the ignition. Nathan turned and saw Belbell running towards the car.

“Belbell! Hurry! Don’t waste time opening the door! We need to go now! Jump through the window!” Nathan yelled, rolling down the window.

Belbell ran and grabbed the top of the car and slid through the open window as she jumped. She went too far in and her legs hit Nathan hard in the right side of his face. Nathan floored it.

“Go go go!” Belbell screamed as a shotgun blast hit the car, breaking the side windows.

“Aaaagh. Damn Belbell! Jeez it’s a lot harder than it looks on TV.” muttered Nathan as he floored it in reverse, ducking his head.

Another shotgun round hit the car breaking the car’s front windows. Luckily no one was hurt because they were both closely lying on the seats flat out to hide their bodies. Nathan stood up and put it in drive. Flooring the gas pedal the car made off out of the neighborhood. They drove for an hour until they got to the Appalachians.

“I can’t go back. He’ll kill me.” Nathan told her.

“I don’t wanna go back right now. Let’s wait until this blows over Nathan.” Belbell said, hugging him scared. “When he forgets it should be safe to bring me home.”

“We could go hang with Cajun and Simian I guess for a while. They’re out here in the woods doing some stupid project where they look for The Space Cowboy. Poor idiots.” Nathan told her.

“Let’s do that.” she said.

“How far are we from them?”

“Not that far. I dropped Cajun off only about two miles down the road at some trail.” said Nathan.

“Sweet. Let’s do that then.” Belbell said in a slightly happier voice.

“Man… my mom bought me this car.” Nathan said sadly, looking at the damage caused by Belbell’s dad.

“I’m sorry he did that Nathan.” She leaned in to kiss him.

“Thanks.” Nathan said smiling a little, leaning his head in as well to kiss her.

Suddenly Gbleek popped his head up from the backseat. He saw Nathan and Belbell smooching. He started laughing. Nathan and Belbell jumped startled. Turning they saw him. Gbleek was making kissy and other immature faces at them.

“What the hell are you doing in my car?” Nathan said, punching him in the face.

“This is for ruining our moment!” Belbell said, climbing in the back and punching him in the gut.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Stop it! And do any of you know CPR? My monkey’s dead or something.” Gbleek said, grimacing in pain and absorbing a beating from their fists.

Nathan floored the brake and pulled over on the side of the road. He turned and looked Gbleek in the face. Belbell grabbed him and put him in a stranglehold. Nathan got out of the car and opened the side door quickly.

Get out!" screamed Nathan. “Your monkey!!!??”

“Yeah it’s my monkey? And I don’t need to pee right now I’m fine. You can get back in the car Nathan. We can keep driving.” said Gbleek, not realizing the certain predicament he was currently in.

“I’m going to kill you Gbleek!” Belbell screamed at him angrily.

“I’ll help Belbell!” Nathan yelled, grabbing Gbleek’s legs and pulling him out of the car.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” cried Gbleek.

“Your damn monkey ruined our date! And if it hadn’t been there we would have been gone before my dad got home and tried to kill Nathan! And then tried to kill me too in anger.” screamed Belbell in Gbleek’s face at the top of her lungs, sending several drops of saliva flying onto his face.

“Oh… That… Please don’t hurt me?” said Gbleek, squinting and preparing to be beaten to a bloody pulp by the two.”

“No deal.” muttered Nathan, pounding his fists together as did Belbell.

End of Chapter 4

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Chapter 5

The sun was beginning to set and the mosquitoes were coming out. Zeldafan was struggling to deal with how little attention is devoted to him. Cajun and Simian were proud that they had remembered so well they let out a holler. It echoed across the forest and encountered a creature feasting happily on a trout. Its ears perked up. It put down the fish and stood up. It closed his green eyes and concentrated on the sound. Another yell was heard and it ran off in the direction it originated from.

………………..

“Let’s just get going.” said Zeldafan.

“Cool.” said Cajun agreeing.

“We’re gonna become rich and famous! We shall finally prove it exists on this trip! You just wait and see Zeldafan! We’re going to find the Space Cowboy! I just know it! I’m feeling lucky!” boasted Simian cheerily.

……………………………………………..

“You ever get that feeling you’re being followed Cajun?” whispered Zeldafan, shaking with paranoia.

“Nope. Why? Have you ever had that feeling?” Cajun inquired back.

“Yeah! For the past hour!” Zeldafan revealed, looking around the forest.

“Right…” Cajun muttered to himself.

“Something is out there! It’s watching us! Stalking us! I keep hearing something every few minutes but whenever I turn around nothing is there!” Zeldafan whimpered frightened.

“We’re out here in the woods. What do you expect? Silence?" scoffed Simian, exasperated with him.

Cajun and Simian laughed out loud at Zeldafan. He stared at them unhappily and pouted.

Mokey started picking through Simian’s hair. It parted some of the hair and pulled off a bug. It sniffed it and put it in its mouth.

“Simian do you know what it’s doing right now?” asked Zeldafan disgusted.

“I sure do Zeldafan. It’s grooming me. And it’s doing a very good job. You hear that Mokey. A very good job.” boasted Simian, taking out a banana chip and giving it to Mokey as a reward.

“Why are you letting it do that?” grimaced Zeldafan as he watched Mokey bite into a moth that landed on Simian’s head.

“I’m not being bit as bad as you. And it’s my friend. When you get a spider monkey of your own one day you’ll understand.” Simian assured him, joyfully winking.

……………………

“Zeldafan. What are you doing with your stick?” Simian asked him.

“I’m sharpening it.”

“Why?” Simian inquired back.

“Because. You know. To make a spear.”

“And we need a spear… Why?” Simian asked puzzled.

“To use as protection from the local wildlife.” Zeldafan told him.

“Dude. You have like the worst reflexes ever. And if a bear came at you and you just stood there with that puny thing it’d swat at it and fracture it into tiny little splinters and then proceed with mauling your face off in two seconds flat.” Cajun said serenely, laughing.

“What he says is true Zeldafan.” Simian confirmed.

Zeldafan stared at his crude makeshift spear and examined it for a few seconds. He sighed deeply and tossed a small rock on the ground.

“Hey you guys. What kind of dangerous animals are out here? You know… Mammals. Things that could eat us.” asked Zeldafan.

“Well… There are bears in these here woods. There are mountain lions. Not very common though. Maybe coyotes? Probably not a ton though. Wolves either. This isn’t really their preferred habitat. And there’s the Space Cowboy too. Could be dangerous. We don’t know what it eats. But seeing as to how it is shy and reclusive we shouldn’t really feel in danger. If it was dangerous… It’d eat a lot of meat like foxes, wolves, and coyotes. ” said Cajun.

In Zeldafan’s mind the following thoughts processed through his head at each animal Cajun named. “Bears. They eat meat. Mountain lions. They eat meat too. Coyotes and wolves. They hunt in packs. And they eat meat too! The Space Cowboy could eat meat too. Now isn’t that just delightfully pleasant.” “Simian… Cajun... Is there anything out here you know… kind of big… and brown that doesn’t eat meat?” squinted Zeldafan, panicking.

“There’s whitetail deer. And that’s really all I can think about that doesn’t eat meat. Rabbits are kinda small.” said Simian.

"Damn it." said Zeldafan worriedly.
…………………………………….

All throughout this long conversation between the trio they had continued hiking. Zeldafan heard another noise and looked behind. A twig had snapped but only he had heard it. He was the one holding up the rear. However that’s not all that Zeldafan noticed. When he quickly spun around he saw a large brown paw quickly retreat into a bush.

Zeldafan started staring at the bush and slowly started walking backwards. He didn't even dare to lift his eyes for even a second. When he was a bit of a distance he suddenly turned and ran towards Simian and Cajun. He tackled Simian and seized his backpack.

“Hey man! What the heck are you doing!? Get off me!” muttered Simian, angrily pushing him off.

Zeldafan opened it quickly and looked for something he could use to protect himself. Much to his dismay all he found were matches, snack foods, some maps, usual camping stuff and oddly several cans of tennis balls.

“What the hell? You don’t have a knife?” Zeldafan said in horror, grabbing Simian and shaking him.

Mokey started batting Zeldafan on the head in response to his master being shook. It didn’t like it. Plus it was about to fall off his shoulder. Simian simply sat amongst the leaves and stared at Zeldafan frightened at his odd behavior. Zeldafan looked at him. And realizing maybe he might be able to scare it away opened one of the cans of tennis balls. Clutching one he stared at the bush the creature had hid in.

“Aaaaaagh!” screamed Zeldafan loudly, hurling the ball into the bush.

“Hey what the! Dude! We need that! Go get that now! And if there is anything out here in this spot you just scared it away. All this time we spent hiking we could have looked here during the night… But no… You have to scream just because the local wildlife are making their presence known.”

“Yeah man. What’s gotten into you?” screamed Simian.

“There was something! In that bush!” squealed Zeldafan, eying it as it rustled slowly.

“Oh yeah... We need that ball.” Simian suddenly remembered, reminding Cajun.

“Yeah and it’s getting dark. Let’s get it real fast.”

Zeldafan turned and helped Simian back up. He shoved the backpack in his hands and grabbed Simian’s arm. He ran ahead pulling him behind him towards Cajun.

“Why don’t we keep moving forward guys? There could be bears behind us.” Zeldafan said, trying to lead the two away from the bush.

Simian and Cajun stared at Zeldafan blankly.

“And there could be bears in front or from any and all directions. We’re getting that ball.” Cajun said irritated.

“Where’d you throw it?”

“In that bush right there!” yelled Zeldafan pointing it out for them nervously.

Cajun and Simian walked over and searched the ground all over. Nothing was there except dirt, leaves, and twigs. Cajun’s eyes scanned all around his surroundings looking for a bright green sphere but failed to find it. They walked back over angrily.

“Great Zeldafan. It’s not there. You must have thrown it in a hole in the ground or something. It’s lost. Idiot.” muttered Simian, aggravated.

“What? No ferocious anthropomorphic wolf looking thing? Or maybe bear?” mumbled Zeldafan.

“Nope. Just a bush. And there’s hardly any sunlight left… We should just make camp here for the night.”

Nothing? Maybe I’m just losing it all completely…” said Zeldafan slowly to himself, bewildered.

…………

Up in a tree next to the bush where Cajun and Simian had searched the animal sat on a high branch. The creature sat tossing the ball up and down happily keeping itself amused. It watched the humans cautiously safely keeping its distance from them. It stopped throwing the ball and looked at it in its paw-like hand caressing it slowly.

“Man I love these things. Maybe I should tell them thanks…” the creature thought. “On second thought I’d better not… The whiny one reeks of danger… If I were to even go near him…”

It placed the ball in it’s mouth and gnawed happily on it.

End of Chapter 5

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Chapter 6

“What the hell is wrong with you?” cried Gbleek.

“Your damn monkey ruined our date! And if it hadn’t been there we would have been gone before my dad got home and tried to kill Nathan! And then tried to kill me too in anger.” screamed Belbell in Gbleek’s face at the top of her lungs, sending several drops of saliva flying onto his face.

“Oh… That… Please don’t hurt me?” said Gbleek, squinting and preparing to be beaten to a bloody pulp by the two.”

“No deal.” muttered Nathan, pounding his fists together as did Belbell.

“Bleek! Defend your master! I command you!” Gbleek screeched loudly, hoping the monkey would get up.

Bleek groggily woke up and looked around. It looked sick and had a hangover from hell. It walked forward and got out of the car wheezing walking awkwardly. It stooped over and puked chunks all over the ground at Belbell’s feet. Belbell screamed and let go of Gbleek. Nathan grabbed the monkey and flung it into the woods.

“Bleek! No! You monster! Bleek!” sobbed Gbleek. “I sent for you over the Internet! I had you less than a day! Why!? Why!?” he cried out in tears.

“You mean to say that you ordered that filthy thing over the Internet?” asked Nathan.

“Yeah. On some site where they sell one’s trained to help the blind. Pretty neat huh?” he said boasting.

“You sicko. You ordered one trained to help the blind? You took advantage of a charity organization?” remarked Nathan disgusted.

“No I took advantage of the monkey thing. I didn’t get any money!” he told them. “But on the bright side I don’t even have to lift a finger now! It’ll do my chores and stuff! It’ll do everything for me! It’ll even feed me grapes while fanning me!” bragged Gbleek gleefully.

“I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t do that Gbleek.” said Belbell.

“Oh yeah!? I’ll prove it to you later.” Gbleek assured her.

Nathan punched him in the gut and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and shoved his head in the side doorway. Nathan glanced at Belbell.

“Do you want to do the honors?” he said smiling.

“Oh Nathan! Thank you! You’re so romantic!” she squealed with joy, grabbing the open side door.

Belbell slammed it into Gbleek’s face. Gbleek screamed in terrific pain. Belbell pulled it outward again and slammed it again into him making him flinch. Nathan got behind Gbleek and raised his leg and kicked him hard in the shin repeatedly.

“Oh god! Please have mercy! I only wanted to raid your kitchen!” pleaded Gbleek, only further enraging them.

“Shut up you little shit! You deserve every second of this beating!” shrieked Belbel,l slamming it into his ear.

“Yeah! And you almost got me killed!” Nathan added in, moving to the side and kicking him in the gut for a change.

“Ooooh… It hurts us! Stop it! Please!” cried Gbleek.

“Think he’s had enough Nathan?” asked Belbell, slamming the door into Gbleek’s body again.

“Almost. Turn him on his back.” said Nathan.

Belbell did this and Nathan kicked him savagely in the crotch two times. Gbleek moaned and began to sob.

“Okay I’m good.” said Nathan.

“Hmm… I have an idea for what we can do now Nathan!” said Belbell smiling.

“Is it good on my part?” asked Gbleek, curling up in a ball and trying to crawl under the car to avoid further punishment.

“You’ll wait here in the car if you know what’s good for you.” she hissed back.

“Okay… I’ll do whatever you say! Just please don’t hurt me anymore!” he whimpered in pain and fright, crawling back out.

“What is it Belbell?” asked Nathan.

“Not here. Let’s go in the woods a little bit into the treeline! Where it’s somewhat dark…” she replied.

“Um… Okay?” said Nathan surprised.

“I’ll just stay here… keep the car safe…” said Gbleek, getting into the car as they walked away.

…………………….

“So what are we doing in the woods?” asked Nathan.

“I want to repay you! I love you so much! You’re so nice and good to me! You understand everything I’ve been through in life! And you even let me slam the door into Gbleek’s head.” she said bursting with happiness.

“Um… You’re welcome. But you don’t have to repay me. I love you like that. Unconditionally.” said Nathan blushing.

“But I want to!” insisted Belbell.

“Fine if you insist. You got twenty bucks?” he asked her.

“I was thinking something else Nathan…” replied Belbell.

Belbell leaned in towards him to kiss Nathan on his lips. However before hers met his he interrupted stupidly “Oh okay. Ten? I’ll settle for ten.” he quickly added.

“Nathan!” she pouted, annoyed with him.

“What?” he said, unaware of how close she was to his face.

Belbell kissed him.

“Oh thanks. Why did you want to kiss me in private?” Nathan asked bewildered.

“I wanted to give you a surprise.” whispered Belbell excited.

“You surprised me all right. I didn’t think we’d be going in the woods to kiss at all. You got me.” He laughed clueless about what she was about to say next.

“I wanted to give you a sexy striptease!” she whispered giggling uncontrollably.

“Wait, what?” questioned Nathan as his eyes got bigger.

“You heard what I said.” Belbell assured him, kissing him again.

“Hee hee. Yay!” said Nathan goofily giggling.

………………………………….

“Damn… I hurt… everywhere. Those… mean people! Who would dare hurt me? The lovable menace that nobody hates!” Gbleek sobbed licking his wounds. “I’ll get back at them... I’ll… I’ll…” he paused unable to think up something to compensate his beating. “I’ll… rip up this car’s registration!” he said deciding.

Gbleek climbed into the front passenger seat intending to carry out his shoddy plan at making Nathan mad. He opened the compartment in front of him and searched inside it. He reached for the registration and pulled it out. He immediately dropped it and gazed at something even more interesting.

“Aw sweet… Nathan’s cell phone!” He said grinning evilly. “I’ll call Geo and get him to come deliver me from the terror of these morons.” he said to himself.

Gbleek dialed the number hastily and waited for him to pick up.

………………………….

“Take off your socks first! Well you know… Shoes are first but then the socks!” Nathan told her.

“You sure you don’t want my shirt off first? It’s awfully hot…” she lulled suggestively like a siren basically implying he should say yes.

“I have a foot fetish…” Nathan said, giggling embarrassed as he sat himself down on the ground.

Belbell started dancing in a suggestive manner in front of Nathan. After dancing for a moment she took off one of her shoes and tossed it on the ground. Nathan began to shake. Belbell took off her other shoe and chewed sensually on the shoelace. Nathan stared at her mouth and groaned. After chewing it for about thirty seconds she took it out of her mouth and danced with it swinging the shoe around by the lace. She soon threw it out towards the road where the other one lay and danced some more.

…………..

“Geo... pick up! Finally!” Gbleek said to himself as Geo answered. “Dude! You’ve got to help me! Nathan and Belbell are holding me hostage in the middle of the Appalachian Trail! Help me! They’re torturing me! And enjoying every bit of it!”

……………

“Ooooh….” Nathan groaned at Belbell staring at her.

His eyes were looking at her feet as Belbell took off her socks and threw them in his face. Nathan reached forward to touch her feet but at that moment Belbell danced in the other direction. He retracted his arm back disappointed. She danced back towards him and Belbell moved in close to him. She turned around and bent over wiggling her butt in his face for a few seconds. Nathan grinned immensely and started chuckling at what was happening to him happily. Belbell turned around and wiggled her front in his face. Belbell stripped off her pants slowly, still dancing sexually suggestively, and flung her pants towards her shoes.

……………..

“I’ll be there soon Gbleek. Don’t worry! I’ll get there fast. I’ll floor it once I get towards the more remote places.” Geo assured him.

“Isn’t that dangerous in the mountains?” Gbleek asked him worried.

“Um… Yes it is. Oh! And I’ll bring along some people for the ride.” he added in.

“Well hurry… They just started with the undressing!” he yelled into the cell phone as he saw a pair of pants land on a pair of shoes. “Please get me out of here!” he cried out as Geo hung up.

……………….

Belbell danced some more and took off her shirt. She boogied back towards Nathan and coiled the shirt tightly. She grabbed the other end with her free hand and flung it over Nathan’s neck. Tugging his head towards her she leaned forward and rubbed her breasts in his face. Nathan smirked and clapped insanely. Belbell grasped her breasts suggestively and was in the process of beginning to undo the straps to her bra when a loud howl was heard up ahead past the road. Nathan stood up as Belbell hurriedly latched her bra together again.

“What was that?” Belbell said nervously.

…………………………….

Gbleek was staring outside of the car window. There was a large furry creature on the side of the road peering at him with large yellow eyes. It walked forward towards him and growled baring its fangs. Its muzzle was covered in blood and it’s long, curved, black claws were like razor blades.

“Nice doggie…” Gbleek coaxed, climbing into the front seat and locking the doors.

End of Chapter 6

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 pm

BB's dad is scary. ._.

:lol!:

I like it. =D

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh yay, thanks T_L Very Happy

Bob the Builder

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Hey man put the rest up!
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 pm

I can't, I need access to the MB board because someone deleted my backup copy on another forum. Sad

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Chapter 7

The sun had finally set and Cajun, Simian, and Zeldafan had managed to make camp just in time. Zeldafan’s body was red. He was sunburnt lightly and was clawing into his arms. He swatted the air and his neck insanely. Cajun and Simian giggled. They had done something mean. They had taken a spray bottle and filled it with sugar water then offered it to Zeldafan as a bug spray.

“Huh!” Zeldafan gasped slapping the back of his neck several times.

“They sure do like you huh Zeldafan?” said Simian.

“You!... Just shut up!” pouted Zeldafan.

Cajun and Simian laughed at him.

“What is this stuff? Where’d you get it? The dollar store? This piece of *!@ isn’t even worth a quarter! They’re flocking all over me!” he screeched still swatting at the small black insects flying all around him.

“No…” said Simian slowly snickering.

“Hey… why aren’t you guys being bit? Why didn’t you guys use any bug spray?” asked Zeldafan still clueless.

“We’re using Off.” said Cajun giggling.

“What kind is this I’m using then?” wondered Zeldafan.

“It’s “Off the Market”.” said Simian laughing insanely.

“Never heard of it.” said Zeldafan spraying more on his body and at the bugs swamping all over him.

Cajun and Simian burst out instantaneously laughing to death. Zeldafan stared at them and realized something was wrong. He stared at them in anger. They were laying on the ground writhing around in the leaves gasping for air. Unable to breathe they were laughing so hard their faces got red and a few small tears dripped down their faces.

“What did you guys do!?” Zeldafan demanded to know.

“Off the market!” repeated Simian causing them to both laugh even more.

“This isn’t bug spray is it!? What the hell did you guys give me!?” screamed Zeldafan as his face contorted with building rage.

“Sugar water!” said Cajun laughing as he grasped his neck for air.

“You son of a bitches…. I’m going to kill you freaking bastards!” screeched Zeldafan getting up from the log he was sitting on.

“Oh crap! I’m high tailing it out of here!” said Cajun to Simian getting up and running off into the forest away from camp.

“Wait for me Cajun!” Simian called out running after him with Simian in close pursuit.

“You stop now and maybe I’ll only bloody your damn noses!” snarled Zeldafan.

“He’s lying! Keep running Cajun!” exclaimed Simian.

“Seconded!” replied Cajun.

“You just wait! I’m going to get you two!” yelled Zeldafan slowing down panting exhausted already.

“Hey Cajey. Look at Zeldafan. He’s tired already. It’s safe to go back now.” said Simian turning.

“No! Wait Simian! Be careful it’s a trap! Look!” pointed Cajun.

Zeldafan stopped panting and ran towards them again. Cajun and Simian turned and hauled butt the other way. Simian hid in a tree and Cajun ran to a different one.

……………..

Back in camp someone was making a brief visit. He had been watching the whole scene from the distance and was seizing the moment to do something. The Space Cowboy sniffed the air warily and perked his ears.

“Hmmph. Hmmph.” he sniffed.

He turned and saw the log. The Space Cowboy swiftly ran over to it and sniffed near it.

“Hmmph hmmph. Yeah that’s him. I’ll leave it here.” said the Space Cowboy to himself looking around cautiously.

He took out the tennis ball that Zeldafan had hurled at him earlier that day and laid it next to the log in plain sight. It had been about fifteen minutes since they had run off and the creature knew that they would be back soon. It was pitch black in the forest minus the moon’s illumination and the crackling embers in the fire. The Space Cowboy looked hungrily at a piece of chicken cooked to perfection over the fire and snatched it. He ran off into the woods devouring it and then hurled the bone onto the ground.

………………

Cajun pointed downwards and motioned with his finger to Simian that they should be quiet. Simian understood and stifled his laughter with great difficulty. Zeldafan was right below them unaware they were so close to him. Simian grabbed a pinecone and motioned as if to throw it. He looked at Cajun who waved his arms back and forth furiously telling him no. Simian disappointedly put it on top of the branch. Mokey scurried off of Simian and grabbing the pinecone hurled it into Zeldafan’s head.

“Ow! What the heck?” he yelled in pain looking up.

Simian and Cajun burst out laughing waving back at him. Zeldafan ran for Simian’s tree and leaped onto the trunk. A howl interrupted what was happening and Zeldafan stopped.

“Did you hear that?” asked Zeldafan. “I’m scared! I’m not mad at you guys anymore! Just come with me back to camp!”

“Do you think it’s the Space Cowboy Simian?” asked Cajun.

“It could be!” he gleefully said climbing down.

…………………..

Walking back to camp Zeldafan found the lone chicken bone. He got suspicious the animal was there again and looked around. He ran back towards the fire and sat down on his log. Something made him jump. There at his feet was the tennis ball he had lost earlier.

“Guys! That tennis ball! Why the heck is it here? And something ate my chicken!” he whimpered.

“Obviously… There are coons in this forest Zeldafan. Get a grip. You’re lucky they didn’t eat everything. And what do you mean how did it get here? We brought it remember.” said Cajun.

“No! It’s the tennis ball from earlier! The one I lost! How did it get back here?” asked Zeldafan scared.

“Obviously… It’s here…” said Simian dramatically.

“It’s playing fetch with you Zeldafan… The Batman…. Just kidding! You know the Space Cowboy. Simian first thing tomorrow we’re looking for the Space Cowboy!” announced Cajun.

“It’s playing mind games with me?” stuttered Zeldafan horrified at what Cajun said.

End of Chapter 7

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Chapter 8

Gbleek was staring outside of the car window. There was a large furry creature on the side of the road peering at him with large yellow eyes. It walked forward towards him and growled baring its fangs. Its muzzle was covered in blood and it’s long, curved, black claws were like razor blades.

“Nice doggie…” Gbleek coaxed climbing into the front seat and locking the doors.

The animal looked like a wolf but was standing on two legs. It’s fur was grey and untidy. It had two long arms and legs. The animal’s feet were padded. Most of the wolf’s body was very muscular. It peered into the window and looked Gbleek in the face.

Gbleek hurried over to the other side of the car. The wolf cocked his head and stared at him menacingly and reached inside the car. It growled again and watched Gbleek who was shaking uncontrollably. Gbleek suddenly remembered that the windows of the car were broken as the wolf slashed at him and screamed.

…………

“That’s Gbleek!” exclaimed Nathan running towards the road with Belbell.

…………..

Gbleek leaned against the other end of the car as the wolf swiped at him again. Gbleek decided he’d make a run for it. The wolf climbed into the car through a broken window and grabbed Gbleek’s leg as he was opening the side door. He kicked it in the face several times and it temporarily let go. Gbleek scrambled to get out but it grabbed him again and held him down.

“Aaaaagh! Get it off me! Nathan! Belbell! Help me!” screamed Gbleek helplessly.

The wolf leaned in closer to him and menacingly pushed his bloody muzzle against Gbleek’s head snarling at him.

…………………………
Nathan reached the road first and saw a furry thing in the car. He opened the door and slammed the door shut the second he opened it.

“Run Belbell! And grab your clothes!” Nathan cried out in horror.

“Don’t leave me Nathan! Please! Help me!” Gbleek screamed, sobbing with snot running down his nose.

The wolf looked back at his kill and bared his fangs then slashed him in the chest with his arm. Blood splattered all over the car seats and Gbleek winced. The creature bit into his left leg and Gbleek heard his bones crunch.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! *!@!” he screamed crying bopping the feral animal on the nose repeatedly.

It continued gnawing on his legs and Gbleek’s blood was all over the car. The taste of warm fresh blood in the wolf’s mouth was something it liked. Fresh meat. It clawed Gbleek’s face and left five deep, bloody, cuts streaked diagonally to the right.

………….

“Where the heck are you going? Aaaagh! Don’t leave me here!” pleaded Gbleek screaming.

“What’s wrong Nathan!?” screamed Belbell picking up her clothes.

“Something’s in the car killing Gbleek! We gotta go somewhere else!” he hastily replied grabbing her arm and running off with her.

………….

The wolf grabbed Gbleek and crunched into his other leg. It snarled and howled enjoying the thrill of the kill. Gbleek tried to push the wolf off but it was too heavy and strong.

“Aaaaaaagh!” he cried out in a blood curdling scream which cut off earlier than expected.

………………

“Shssh. Shush. The screaming has stopped. He’s dead now Belbell.” said Nathan trying to comfort Belbell.

Both of them had hidden high up in a tree somewhat into the woods. They planned to wait it out until the wolf was gone and get out of the forest.

“Oh. If only there was something we could have done to help him. I know we all hate him. But we were going to be humane… You know Nathan. All sneak into his house next week and smother him to death with a pillow. That wolf got to him first. Why!?” Belbell sobbed quietly holding onto Nathan.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!! It’s ripping my damn legs off! Aaaagh!!!” Gbleek screamed again.

“Oh…” she giggled nervously, still sobbing in Nathan’s shirt.
……………………………….

Gbleek was covered in blood. He was having trouble breathing. The creature was gnawing in his stomach and ripping chunks of meat off of his body. It growled as it chewed as Gbleek’s face was now completely red from the cuts on his face. He punched it in one last desperate attempt to free himself. The wolf grabbed Gbleek’s neck with his claws and glared at him enraged. Gbleek stared death in its face. The animal dugs it’s claws into Gbleek and severed an artery as he ripped out his neck.

“Uuuuugh….!” gagged Gbleek grasping his neck as blood streamed out.

The wolf bit into his chest and ripped off a long strip of flesh. Gbleek’s innards spilled out as he was disemboweled and the wolf gnawed on him.

“Eck. Ohh…Uuuuuugh…” found Gbleek’s mouth, as he death rattled.

The beast munched happily on its kill.

…………………………..

Nathan and Belbell could see the car from where they were. The headlights were still on and everything. They could see the car rocking steadily as Gbleek was being eaten alive. All of the horrors of what had just happened was stuck in their mind.

“Just put your fingers in your ears and hum some cheery music. It’ll stop soon.” suggested Nathan disturbed.

“I can’t think of anything happy enough to make this go away.” Belbell whispered sadly.
…………..

After about fifteen minutes the side door that Gbleek had opened was pushed open more. The wolf got out with what little was left of Gbleek and the wolf howled with blood dripping from its muzzle. It ran off back in the direction it had came from and Nathan and Belbell decided to wait for a few more minutes just to be safe.

A few minutes past and some loud music was heard in the distance. They looked up the road and saw two headlights on a car heading in their direction.

“Hey Belbell doesn’t Geo like Led Zeppelin?”

“Yeah he does…”

“We need to get out of here! Come on!” whispered Nathan as he leaped down.

Belbell jumped down from the tree for Nathan’s arms but landed on her butt. Nathan had not upraised his hands to catch her but had instead turned and ran off in the direction of the music. Belbell was displeased and pouted.

“Nathan!”

……….

Geo was fiddling with his car’s radio. Nothing really classic that was cool to him was playing. He had been messing with the buttons for about fifteen minutes because none of the songs he had found on the stations so far had been to his liking. Geo sighed deeply and giving up on finding something good to listen to resumed concentrating on driving. All of a sudden the song on the station he had left it on stopped playing mid-song.

“We interrupt this awful song to bring you an awesome song by Led Zeppelin!” an announcer interrupted.

“Woohoo!” squealed Geo. “USA! USA! USA!” he chanted rejoicing.

Stairway to Heaven began to play and he cranked up the volume. Mega was sitting in the passenger seat. She had had an unbearable migraine for the past two hours and the radio was only making it worse. She put out her hand and turned down the volume a little. All of a sudden with superhuman speed Geo’s arm grabbed Mega’s hand. Geo turned and snarled at her menacingly.

“Don’t touch the radio.” Geo hissed extremely angry.

“Geo! Let go! You’re hurting me!” pleaded Mega in extreme pain. “Let go! Please!” she cried out.

Geo glared at her and released her snarling one more time before turning the volume back up. Mega’s hand was red and had the indentations of Geo’s nails digging into her. She turned and looked out the side window caressing her hurt hand slowly.

“Hey I think that’s Nathan’s car. Whoa. Maybe a hit and run or something. It’s trashed.” observed Geo slowing down and parking the car.

Nathan and Belbell ran out of the forest and beat the car insanely. Geo locked the doors.

“Turn that down Geo! Now!” Nathan hissed quickly looking around.

Geo stared at him blankly. Looking them both in the face he turned the volume up to full blast. Tom who had been laying down in the backseat asleep jumped up awake banging his head into the side door.

“Ah crap…” muttered Tom grabbing his head.

“Geo! You don’t understand man! You need to turn that radio off!” Nathan hurriedly whispered.

“Apparently you don’t know good music when you it’s blowing out your ear drums! No!”

“We need to go! Open the car you guys!” sobbed Belbell.

“Nuh uh. We aren’t going anywhere until you tell me where Gbleek is. He called and said you guys were torturing him and taking off clothes. And stuff. You molested him?” Geo asked surprised.

“What!? No! Geo! Now’s not a good time!” said Nathan.

“Where is he?” asked Geo.

“Geo? Why are we even out here? We all hate Gbleek. He’s the most annoying idiot in the entire country. Can’t we just go? It’d be funny picking up Nathan and Belbell but leaving him.” suggested Tom.

“I second that motive!” Mega said quickly excited.

“Third it!” said Nathan.

“Fourth it!” said Belbell quickly.

“Don’t care! We aint leaving without him!” said Geo sternly.

“Hey Belbell… Why are you like… wearing only your underwear and bra right now…?” Tom asked slowly hiding laughter.

Belbell blushed and hurriedly put her clothes back on.

“Geo he’s dead! We need to go!” Belbell screamed! “There’s something out here!”

“If that’s true… don’t you know the scantily clad chick always dies in movies?” Tom snickered.

Belbell gasped and got dressed even faster.

“You guys killed him!? I know we’ve all been conspiring to kill the little pest next month for the past two weeks but why did you have to kill him now? I thought we were a team you guys!” complained Geo disappointed.

“It wasn’t us! We swear! There’s some animal out here! It ate him! Tore him to pieces!” yelled Nathan.

“Yeah right.” muttered Tom.

A long baying howl broke the conversation. It was loud and very close. Nathan and Belbell looked around them. They couldn’t see anything in the tree line or in the road. They heard it again.

“Oh crap. Belbell run!” Nathan said looking up, seeing the hairy beast crouched on a medium high tree branch above the car.

Nathan and Belbell turned and made off back into the woods.

“What? You’ve never heard a wolf do that before? It’s just one howling at the moon.” said Geo unaware of what was really happening.

A thud was heard on top of the car.

“What was that?” whispered Tom.

End of Chapter 8

Last edited by Cajunstarwalker on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Chapter 9

“No! It’s the tennis ball from earlier! The one I lost! How did it get back here?” asked Zeldafan scared.

“Obviously… It’s here…” said Simian dramatically.

“It’s playing fetch with you Zeldafan… The Batman…. Just kidding! You know the Space Cowboy. Simian first thing tomorrow we’re looking for the Space Cowboy!” announced Cajun.

“It’s playing mind games with me?” stuttered Zeldafan horrified at what Cajun said.

“No… it’s playing fetch. Can I be any clearer than that?” asked Cajun annoyed slightly.

“Yeah! Why!?” demanded Zeldafan impatiently.

“I don’t know dude. It likes you. Didn’t you throw a ball at something you claimed to be hiding in that bush? I assume that you were right about something following us and the Space Cowboy was in it… It caught the ball but fled… It’s bringing it back to you for a second round.” interrupted Simian coolly.

“Wait! What!? Why me!?” Zeldafan screamed at them as his eyes got watery.

“You threw the ball. Naturally it figured you’d want it back… And if you got it back you’d throw it again for him.” said Cajun.

“That proves it. The book is right!” said Simian in realization. “Everything in this book about how to easily find it…” said Simian.

“Is at our disposal…” finished Cajun slowly.

“I don’t get it! What the hell are you two talking about! Some creature is out to get me and I have some crazy idea like you’re going to do something bad on my part…” complained Zeldafan.

Simian looked at Cajun and he looked back. Zeldafan stared in horror at the two of them as they turned their heads and stared at him. Zeldafan backed away slowly. Cajun walked closer to him and Simian did so as well.

“Oh god… You are going to do something aren’t you!?” muttered Zeldafan.

“You have to be reasonable Zeldafan! Think of what’s happening here!” replied Simian.

“Crap! So you admit it!” whimpered Zeldafan horrified.

“Please… Zeldafan just calm down…” asked Cajun calmly.

“No! You! Just…! Stay the hell away from me! You too Alex!” screamed Zeldafan backing away slowly. “I don’t know what the hell you’re thinking of doing right now but I know it’s not good! Stay back!”

“Zeldafan just sit down.” said Simian.

“No! Shut up! You aren’t using me as live bait to catch this thing!”

“What?” said Cajun and Simian simultaneously dumbfounded.

“Yeah! Don’t act stupid! I’m on to you!” yelled Zeldafan pointing at Cajun and Simian, then at his eyes.

“That’s a good idea Cajun.” said Simian jokingly.

Cajun and Simian burst out laughing. Zeldafan stared angrily at them.

“What!? What’s so freaking funny?” asked Zeldafan.

“You thought we were going to feed you to the Space Cowboy!?” sputtered Cajun giggling.

“You’re creeping me out! I’m out of here!” said Zeldafan turning and running off into the woods.

“No! Zeldafan! You have to stay!” exclaimed Simian.

“Oh yeah! And why is that!?” asked Zeldafan stopping and looking back at them.

“Because… You’re the chosen one…” revealed Cajun dramatically.

“Huh?” said Zeldafan.

“You are the one long prophesized to be the one who shall prove existence of the Space Cowboy! You shall be the one who provides conclusive evidence of it! You will become rich and famous if you don’t walk away from your destiny right now.” said Cajun.

“No… Get out of here! Are you serious man?” asked Zeldafan in disbelief.

Simian simply stared at Cajun wondering what was going on.

“Yeah I’m serious! It’s mentioned in the book! Long foretold by the ancient ones who saw the creature ages ago! He who has his chicken eaten is blessed with the honor of being allowed to see the creature!” trumpeted Cajun.

“Wow…” said Zeldafan slowly.

“So will you stay?” asked Cajun.

“The hell I am. As long as this meeting the thing isn’t like some sort of sacrificial honor I guess I will.” said Zeldafan.

“It’s not. Trust me. Now put that flaming piece of wood back into the fire.” said Cajun calmly.

Zeldafan who had just picked it up tossed it back into the fire. The fire crackled and tiny sparks leaped into the air with the grey smoke.

“Okay…. I trust you guys.” Zeldafan said gladly.

“Good.” said Simian.

……

Later that night Simian and Cajun stayed up watching the fire. Zeldafan had passed out asleep already. Simian turned to Cajun.

“Cajun… What was all that earlier? The stuff you said to Zeldafan? I’ve flipped through that book hundreds of times just like you and I have never heard anything about no chosen one or any kind of that crap.” Simian pointed out.

“Well that’s because it is crap Simian. I made the whole thing up as I went.”

“What? Why?” giggled Simian.

“You know why. We can’t just let him leave us! We’re experienced outdoorsman. He’ll be bear food in less than a day on his own. He freaks out even if he sees a rabbit staring at him. We can’t just let him walk out. If we were talking about Gbleek… Now that would be a different story. We’d just let him wander off on his own to die somewhere.”

“Ah. I see! Yeah you’re right.” said Simian. “And just so I’m sure. Any of us could throw the ball and the Space Cowboy would bring it back right?”

“Yeah. The Space Cowboy is like attracted to them. It like summons them somehow and they’re unable to help doing anything but fetching it. It’s like in their canine instinct…We could both throw tennis balls in the woods right now and by morning they’d be in our tent.”

“Let’s do that!” eagerly suggested Simian.

End of Chapter 9

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Chapter 10

A thud was heard on top of the car.

“What was that?” whispered Tom.

“I don’t know.” Mega whispered back.

“Ah crap. Why the hell does a tree branch have to break now!? remarked Geo furious. “I’m going to take a look see.” Geo said unrolling his window.

“Please don’t… What if they’re telling the truth? It sounds like it’s moving up there.” pleaded Mega.

“Oh please. Mega. It’s a tree branch moving around with the wind.” scoffed Geo.

“But there’s no breeze outside right now…” commented Tom suspicious of something being amiss.

Geo stuck his head out the window and looked around. A snarling growl was heard and he looked up. The wolf like animal grabbed his neck with one of it’s claws and an arm with the other.

“Aaaaagh!” screamed Geo as the animal began pulling him up. “Get it off me!” he screamed.

Tom lunged forward from the back and latched onto his legs and leaned back struggling to get him back inside. Mega scrambled forward and grabbed him by the torso and struggled as well to free him. Geo was kicking insanely and trying to squirm free from it’s grasp. His legs beat the car’s horn madly further adding to the horror of what was happening.

“Mega floor it! Swerve! Aaaagh! Try to get it off the roof!” he yelled in pain desperately.

Mega heard him and released him giving the animal about twenty more pounds of Geo in the process. She floored the gas and the car zoomed forward. Geo was staring death in its face as the animal prepared to maul his face off. Mega swerved and the creature lost its footing causing it to let go of Geo’s arm. It swatted at him and slashed him deeply across his left shoulder to his left breast.

Geo kicked even harder in extreme pain and unintentionally hit Mega in the face. She swerved again and the creature released Geo as it slid off the roof sideways. Tom helped Geo back inside as Mega regained control of the wheel and floored the brake. They looked behind the car. The wolf creature was standing back up and directly behind the car. It punched through the rear window and grabbed Tom.

“Kill it! Kill it! Get it off me you guys! Help!” pleaded Tom helplessly as it dug it’s claws into his chest.

Mega floored it in reverse. Geo climbed into the backseat hurriedly to help Tom. More glass broke and the beast’s other arm was inside. It grabbed Tom and slashed him on the face. Tom screamed.

“Hold on Tom! A few more seconds!” cried Mega.

“I can’t wait that long!” Tom screamed back.

“Geo! Try to pull Tom back in the car as hard as you can! Hold on!” Mega yelled as the car hit a tree at high speed in reverse scrunching the wolf into it.

Tom was released from its claws and scrambled out of the car. Geo and Mega did the same. The car had been totaled and was useless in it’s current state. They walked towards the rear of the car. Geo and Tom were bleeding and Mega was all beat up. They stared at the hairy anthromorphic wolf in disbelief.

“No way… Is this a freaking werewolf Mega?” Tom asked her staring at the muzzle, two legs, fangs, and everything else absurd.

“It… looks like one…!” she said quickly in shock too.

The werewolf opened it’s eyes and stared at Mega. It tried to push the car off of it but it was pinned too tightly to move it’s other arm. It howled loudly several times.

“What the… It just got hit by a damn car! What does it take to kill this thing!!!??? screamed Geo.

All of a sudden several howls were heard answering in the distance of the surrounding woods. There were several and most of them were from different directions. The werewolf bayed again loudly. Geo, Mega, and Tom looked at the werewolf and around them.

“There’s more of them!? Oh my god! We’re all going to die down here! Game over man! Game over!!!” Tom yelled starting to cry.

“I think it’s calling for help! We need to leave now!” yelled Mega to the others.

“Let’s get the hell out of here! Where do we go!? We’re in the middle of nowhere!” shouted Geo at Mega.

“Nathan and Belbell fled into the woods. Let’s go catch up with them!” yelled Mega assuming leadership.

They ran off in the direction of their friends as the sound of rapidly approaching growling, panting, and howling was emitted from the werewolf again.

End of Chapter 10

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Chapter 11

“Cajun… What was all that earlier? The stuff you said to Zeldafan? I’ve flipped through that book hundreds of times just like you and I have never heard anything about no chosen one or any kind of that crap.” Simian pointed out.

“Well that’s because it is crap Simian. I made the whole thing up as I went.”

“What? Why?” giggled Simian.

“You know why. We can’t just let him leave us! We’re experienced outdoorsman. He’ll be bear food in less than a day on his own. He freaks out even if he sees a rabbit looking him in the eye. We can’t just let him walk out. If he was Gbleek… Now that would be a different story. We’d just let him wander off on his own to die somewhere.”

“Ah. I see! Yeah you’re right.” said Simian. “And just so I’m sure. Any of us could throw the ball and the Space Cowboy would bring it back right?”

“Yeah. The Space Cowboy is like attracted to them. It like summons them somehow and they’re unable to help doing anything but fetching it. It’s like in their canine instinct…We could both throw tennis balls in the woods right now and by morning they’d be in our tent.”

“Let’s do that!” eagerly suggested Simian.

“Fine with me.” said Cajun leaning forward and picking up a backpack.

“I’ll just use the one that Zeldafan freaked out over.” said Simian.

“Whatever.” said Cajun.

Cajun unzipped the backpack and procured the already opened can of tennis balls. He took one of the fuzzy green balls out and then grabbed a bottle of steak sauce. Simian gasped realizing what Cajun was doing. Cajun just nodded acknowledging it was indeed what he was thinking.

Simian looked around for the tennis ball Zeldafan had had. After a miniscule bit of searching he came across it in Zeldafan’s hands. Zeldafan was passed out in his sleeping bag holding it firmly as if it’s presence meant life or death. Simian put Mokey down on the ground and picked up a pinecone. He walked over towards Zeldafan and gently unfolded his friend’s fingers off the precious sphere of power.

Zeldafan suddenly unexpectedly grabbed Simian’s finger and latched onto it. Simian stared at him however he was still snoozing peacefully like a baby. Simian sighed with relief and removed his finger before cautiously replacing it with a pinecone. Zeldafan squeezed it and Simian backed away slowly careful not to disturb him from his slumber.

Simian looked at Cajun who had already poured some steak sauce on the new tennis ball. He held the ball outwards to Cajun. Cajun grabbed the steak sauce bottle and unscrewed the cap.

“Steak sauce por favor.” grinned Simian.

“Here you go.” said Cajun pouring a hefty amount of the sauce on top of the green ball.

“Stink bait all right! This’ll catch his nose for sure.”

“Yup! Hey Simian be sure to rub it all over the entire ball. It’ll scent the ball better.”

“All right. Where do you want to throw it Cajun?”

“Simian… let’s just throw it out here past the trees in front of us. If it sweeps by to nab them… We’ll be here… We’ll be watching. We can set the cameras up too.”

“Sounds like a plan.” said Simian.

Simian smeared the sauce all over the ball coating it completely. Not one bit of fuzz was left neon green. Simian took a few steps forward and flung the tennis ball out as far as he could.
…………………….

The Space Cowboy’s ears perked up and he turned his body around about. His green eyes scanned the sky diligently and he sniffed the air. Due to his superb hearing he could hear the ball make a soft impact in the soil from a reasonable distance away near the woods where the humans were camping.

“Hmmph. Hmmph.” he sniffed.

“Oh dear god…. Please….” whined the Space Cowboy. “Oh…. It is steak flavored…” he whispered drooling longingly. “Can’t go now… Humans… Still awake…” he said to himself fighting off his animal instinct to immediately go for it.

…………………………..

Immediately after Simian, Cajun pitched his ball off into the night.

“Pretty good throw Cajun. I don’t even know where it went…”

“Yeah… I was kinda expecting it to only make it past the first few trees. Eh.”

…………………………….

In the woods the Space Cowboy was having a nervous breakdown. A great dilemma was at hand and it involved a bouncy ball, which unusually didn’t smell just like rubber, which had magically rained down from the sky. As the fox-like animal tussled the fur on his head nervously he heard another soft thud in the distance.

“There’s two! Oh no… That’s it! I call dibs… I must have it! I can’t take it anymore!”

The Space Cowboy ran off into the night to find it.

……………………….

Cajun and Simian unpacked some high tech gear they had ordered off of Ebay and began to set it up. Grabbing a cassette, Cajun popped it into a tape recorder then set it down on the ground. He turned it on and moved onto the next piece of equipment.

Simian took out several cameras and mounted them on surrounding trees. He placed some recordable DVDs inside of them and moved on.

“Hey Cajun. These are the special night vision ones right? I couldn’t figure out how to turn them on… You know how?”

“Simian don’t you remember? Those turn on using these.” said Cajun grabbing some weird poles and tossing several to him.

“What the hell are these?”

“The proximity sensors… They detect motion remember?”

“Oh yeah! I haven’t stuck them in the ground and activated them yet…”

“The second one of those things detects motion all of the cameras will simultaneously flip on. Let’s set up a perimeter…”

“On it Cajey.” dutifully replied Simian.

Simian stuck them into the ground about five feet away from where he had placed each of the cameras. After a kind of circle was created by Simian enclosing their campsite Cajun took out a little device and pressed a button on it. There was a brief low pitched beep and a red “On” button on the contraption turned on.

It was made to be held in your hand and had two buttons. One makes the motion system go on. The other makes it go off. The other things on the device worth noting were several rows all labeled Sensor followed by the number sensor it managed. Whenever motion would be detected, a red light would flash on the two rows between which something had moved thus telling the owner the precise location of where to search. For technology so complex it actually worked pretty simple.

“And now we wait…” said Simian dramatically.

……..

About ten minutes had passed when suddenly one of the lights on the device began blinking in Cajun’s hands. Suddenly wide awake Cajun stared at it a few seconds then looked around. Excited he looked over to show Simian but he had already passed out. The previous day he had been up all night watching “Transformers” on DVD.

“Hey… Simian…” whispered Cajun.

Simian didn’t respond. Simian just continued sleeping peacefully. Cajun stared deeply past the glimmer of the dying embers of the fire and saw a shape moving. Cajun prodded Simian intensely with a stick and Simian groggily and angrily woke up. Simian was about to chew Cajun out but before he could do so Cajun had gripped his mouth shut. Cajun glanced over at the bush and motioned with his hand to be quiet. Simian instantly realized the meaning of his rude awakening and sat up to watch as well.

“Is it recording?”

“Yeah Simian it is… No idea what’s out there though. We spent all the money we won from all of those pie speed eating competitions on this stuff… So we don’t have a TV to watch what’s happening right now.” Cajun whispered back.

“I like pie…” commented Simian.

The bush rustled and several twigs snapped. A fox like creature crawled out of it and looked around. Simian and Cajun closed their eyes as it looked their way. It stood up and stealthily walked over towards them like one of the most elite Splinter Cells ever. It took out one of the brown balls and sniffed it casually.

“Hmm…” he thought sniffing near Cajun and then Simian. “This one’s yours… he thought placing the ball in Cajun’s lap.

The Space Cowboy paused for a second and stared at Zeldafan who had started twitching and kicking in his sleep as if tormented by something in a nightmare. He looked back at Simian and took out the other ball from his mouth.

“So this one must be yours.” he said putting his arm out to place the ball in Simian’s lap. “Hmm…” he said staring at it before wiping some of the saliva off on his pants. “There you go mate.”

“Thanks man.” said Simian accidentally.

“Oh crap….” The Space Cowboy muttered staring at him then looking around. “It’s a damn trap…” he said panicking running off away from them in terror.

Simian realized his horrible mistake and jumped up. Cajun did the same as the Space Cowboy was already fleeing into the woods at great speed.

“Damn it Tarzan!” muttered Cajun angrily as he ran off after him with Simian in close pursuit.

“I’m sorry! I was only trying to be polite! And it was an accident! What do we do about Zeldafan?” hastily replied Simian panting.

“Just leave him here. He’ll just scream to the heavens that we’re following him.”

“Okay!”

Gaining ground at a steady pace the Space Cowboy glanced over his shoulder. He saw the two teens running after him and knew what he had to do.

“I’ve got to lose them… Got to lose them!” he muttered to himself frantically.

End of Chapter 11

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Chapter 12

All of a sudden several howls were heard in the distance of the surrounding woods. There were several and most of them were from different directions. The werewolf bayed again loudly. Geo, Mega, and Tom looked at the werewolf and around them.

“There’s more of them!? Oh my god! We’re all going to die down here! Game over man! Game over!!!” Tom yelled starting to cry.

“I think it’s calling for help! We need to leave now!” yelled Mega to the others.

“Let’s get the hell out of here! Where do we go!? We’re in the middle of nowhere!” shouted Geo at Mega.

“Nathan and Belbell fled into the woods. Let’s go catch up with them!” yelled Mega assuming leadership.

They ran off in the direction of their friends as the sound of rapidly approaching growling, panting, and howling emitted from the werewolf again.

………………

“Oh my god Nathan! What the hell is happening tonight!?” screamed Belbell panting frantically.

“I don’t know! I got to stop! Just let it kill me! I hate running! I can’t run any more!” Nathan yelled starting to sob.

“I have to stop too! Let’s- No! No we can’t!” she said crying as well.

“Do you think we lost it!?”

“No. We’ve been…”

“Screaming ever since we started running. Yeah.”

…………

Zeldafan was tossing and turning in his sleeping bag. A nightmare was plaguing his mind as he slumbered. Inside of his head a slimy primate creature was tormenting him. He was trapped in the ocean and a strange creature had swam up to him. He had stared at it frightened a few seconds before it suddenly lunged at him and dunked his head underwater for about thirty seconds.

Clinging to life Zeldafan struggled furiously to break free of his grasp. He started to feel lightheaded and was beating insanely but by now the creature had tied him up in some sort of seaweed rope. Zeldafan started to slip away and slowly stopped moving as the lack of oxygen began to effect him.

The creature pulled Zeldafan’s head out of the water and he gasped deeply filling his lungs with air. The teenager screamed as the creature smiled evilly and dunked his head back under.

……………

“Keep running! Keep running! I see something! Look! There’s a fire up ahead!” Belbell said in an outburst making off ahead of Nathan who had stopped to take a breather.

“Belbell! Hey wait for me!”

“Aaaagh!” screamed BB as she suddenly tumbled downhill.

“Belbell!”

…………

Zeldafan burst awake upon hearing the noise which freed him from the evil monster in his dream. He stared into the dark forest nervously and observed he was the only one at camp.

“Cajun…? Simian?” he whispered frightened.

Suddenly he heard a noise and turned his head. Outside in the dark he could see a big shape slowly moving in his direction. His heart jumped and adrenaline rushed through his body. Panicking he turned and grabbed a knife. He quietly got up and trembling he slowly made his way for the creature.

The animal turned it’s head and stood up on it’s hind legs and raised it’s arms in front of it’s face menacingly. The animal which was actually Belbell stared at Zeldafan in horror unable to speak. Frozen and unable to move she stood there as her friend advanced upon her with his knife out ready to strike.

“Die Space Cowboy! I am your chosen one no more!” screeched the teen boy raising his arm to make the kill.

Nathan who hadn’t been saying anything out of fear of catching the attention of the lycanthropes out hunting them stopped slowly going downhill and tackled Zeldafan. Zeldafan fell back and his head hit a tree knocking him out. Nathan turned to Belbell.

“You okay?” he whispered.

“I have some scrapes and cuts but other than that I’m fine Nathan.”

“Hey. I saw a cabin Belbell. It’s out in the woods. I saw it when I was uphill. It’s up ahead a bit. We can hole up there until day hits then we get the hell out of these woods in the morning.” he whispered happily.

“How far?” she inquired.

A loud howl was heard and they stopped talking as another responded somewhere. They continued talking.

“It’s dark. It’s in the forest. I dunno. But it’s up in that direction a bit ways.” said Nathan pointing in the direction in which the pair had been traveling.

“We can’t leave him…” said Belbell crouching over near Zeldafan.

Nathan stared at him and said to himself “What are you doing out here Zeldafan…” He turned to Belbell and said “You want his arms or his legs?”

“I’ll hold his arms.” Belbell plainly replied.

The couple picked up their friend and hurriedly marched off in search of the cabin.

End of Chapter 12

Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 am

Lol, I havent seen this story in ages XDXD
Back to top Go down
Simian King
Bob the Builder
Bob the Builder

PostSubject: Re: The Things That Lurk Unseen   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Great story eh? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content