HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Or Street Fighter as a whole.

The DBZ Budokai series as well.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

The few Street Fighters I've played don't seem too buggy.

Playing Mario Kart Super Circuit. It's almost as hard to drive as Super Mario Kart. The traction of your kart is so bad it's in negative digits. Turn slightly right to line up with a row of coins, drift far left and miss them completly. I never even bother with the drift mechanic, because you'll drift like crazy just steering normally. There have been a number of times where I turn one direction only to fly into a wall in the opposite direction.
The hovercraft moving at the speed of sound from F-Zero is easier to control.

Still doing pretty good though. The handling is the only challenge as items are FAR more rare than in other MK games. It's more you against the track itself with scattered opponents.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:25 pm

I meant what was originally a glitch becoming a game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
I meant what was originally a glitch becoming a game mechanic.

Go into detail please. You only named a game, not the glitch nor the mechanic.

Is it where one exploitable combo became Cody's Super Combo?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 pm

No in both games the ability to cancel a move into another move was originally a glitch (or a mechanic unintended for comboing in the case of DBZ) that was built upon in later games instead of "fixed".
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Ah, I see.

On another subject, Metroid Fusion has possibly the best "You can't use any of your old items" plot in any Metroid game I've played.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Yeah it's better than "no you just don't have permission to do that".
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:15 pm

And it's not just "Randomly hit by an explosion on the way out of a space station".
It actually ties in closely with the plot! Heck the story would be ruined if she kept all her items.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Quite a lot of Mortal Kombat characters came from glitches and fan rumours. One involved an error message that would appear in the options menu, that caused the words "ermac" to appear on the screen. While it was actually short for "Error Macro", fans thought it was the name of a secret fighter, and many rumours emerged on how to play as him. Years later, Ermac actually appears as a playable character in a later game. Ker-azy!

Also; Metroid fusion was my first Metroid game, and also my first gameboy advance game. And oh man, that bit where you're in the aquariam maze place is just awful. The only bad bit of the game in my opinion. That and the cavern area, oh man.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm

There's some bug in Team Fortress 2 where all the Misc items my characters are wearing got switched up, resulting in items being worn by characters that aren't supposed to be able to wear them.

Sniper, Spy and Pyro look GREAT wearing Soldier's Muttonchops!

PICTURES:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
FSMK
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 pm

So I dressed up as Santa Claus today in school because it was the last day of school before vacation.

I had no beard, lots of people said "nice costume" and all that jazz, and I felt awesome.

Probably the most balliest thing I've ever done in school ever, but I thought "Why the heck not?"
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Random thought of the day: I should post more. Postpostpost. crazy plz

CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 pm

FSMK wrote:
So I dressed up as Santa Claus today in school because it was the last day of school before vacation.

I had no beard, lots of people said "nice costume" and all that jazz, and I felt awesome.

Probably the most balliest thing I've ever done in school ever, but I thought "Why the heck not?"

I support this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:25 pm

I was just thinking about the new knife the Spy has in TF2 (Which I love BTW)
There are actually times it cannot be used. Normally if a weapon can't be used (example: runs out of ammo) then it automatically switches to the next weapon. If all weapons run out of ammo, it switches to the melee weapon that can never run out of ammo.

If this feature was for any class other than the Spy, whom has a second "weapon" that can't run out of ammo (The Sapper) the game would probably explode for having a character on the field with no weapons.

Also another thing I've been pondering: What's the difference between "Ghetto" and "Redneck" when used to describe a homemade item?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm not sure what's more annoying. Boss Battles with no obvious weakpoint, or looking up a guide on the internet that tells you to do exactly what you just finished finding out was ineffective, and now suddenly works.

This happened to me both in Wario Land 4, and just now in Metroid Fusion.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:42 pm

I know it's supposed to be for dramatic effect to create a feeling of urgency, but when I heard "Emergency in Sector 3" when playing Fusion, all I could think of was "Holy crud, this game has some pretty high quality voice acting for a last-gen portable game!"

Edit: And now it gave me a very silent bit of very dreadful foreshadowing in the contents of the Sub-Zero Containment Chamber. This game has best plot. ...Not the Bronie definition of plot, I mean story plot.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Fusion is good by todays standards.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Remember that "potato hat" I made?

I was planning on making the potato talk and say lines from Portal 2, but that would have taken lots of experimenting and knowledge on how to wire fancy circuits.

Now I don't have to do that. I just have to throw $25 at Think Geek and they'll give me this:

Source: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/eb0a/

It glows, it talks, it's awesome.
My only worry is that a real potato is a lot heavier than the foam one I have that already barely stays on my hat. Actually, it's not even on my hat right now. The glue finally gave way.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Oh-kaaaay... Apparently there's an enemy that eats you alive. Slowly and painfully.

Giant flower thing. No escape. Super missiles bounce right off. Morph ball bombs and Super Bombs do nothing.
(Damn, I was sure Super Bombs would help me escape it...)

Best part? I fell into it's mouth when I came into the room through a broken patch of floor. All I can do now is try again and try not to fall in there next time.

Unless anyone has any advice on this thing?

Edit: Good news: I can escape it by holding down the jump button. ...No idea why it only works if I hold it. Oh, must be that jump glitch I keep encountering. Maybe. Not that it helps much for the following reasons:

1) Only platforms are TINY. 2 platforms, 2 blocks wide each. The rest of the floor is made up of those carnivorous flowers.
2) The flowers PULL at you. The edge of the already tiny platforms are not safe.
3) Precision jumping into the center of the platform is HARD. Samus is not Mario! Jumping onto a 1-block wide space is NOT easy! Especially when she's spinning! Double especially if you're struggling to just get into the air out of the flower that's eating you, and can't see where you're jumping from. I frequently escape only to fall into the adjacent flower.
4) Falling bits of pollen from the flowers on the ceiling knock you off the tiny platform should you bu chance get your footing.

...Eff.

ADVICE NEEDED!
(Though previous experience tells me I will get none. 92% Accuracy.)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm

I don't recall having that much trouble with that section.

What's the last ability you got?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:06 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
I don't recall having that much trouble with that section.

What's the last ability you got?

Space Jump. Which I have not mastered.

I just read the guide online. Apparently this is a sort of boss battle that unlocks the Plasma Beam. And avoiding the pollen and "Samus Eaters" as the guide calls them will be even damn harder later on as I have to avoid plasma beams and a Core-X.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 pm

If I remember right the pollen stops when you kill the boss and it turns into the core.

Space Jump is a bit tricky to get down, and it's annoying because the timing is different from Super Metroid.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh yes, very different timing.

I'll try it again later, though I've noticed it's hard to pick a game up when you're stuck in a spot.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:46 am

Couple tries later, finally got the Plasma Beam!

Already got to the next boss. As soon as I saw it's ugly face, I recognized it. Though I must say it is WAY more ugly/creepy in 2D than it was in 3D.

Also found some software that promises to run Windows programs on my mac. I'm testing it by installing a windows version of Steam through it. It would be done by now, but it needs to install a number of other windows based applications to run Steam. All of which completed their installation an hour ago except for DirectX, which is leisurely installing itself at the rate of 4kb/second.

EDIT: Decided it's not a good idea to allow what I consider to be "Experimental" software to instal itself while I slept.
Closed my laptop, and of course Windows software is [*rant removed*]. So now the Direct X installation is back 84,000 kb. So it's re-downloading EVERYTHING even though it successfully installed half this stuff last night, and once again Direct X is lagging behind and downloading a 106,000kb file at 2kb/second. (Yes, it did slow down.) Currently at 2635kb

Edit: Decided "F*** DirectX" and skipped installation. I'm now playing a PC-Only game on Mac successfully without it.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

CHAOS

John and I were going to do some quests in Monster Hunter Tri, you want to tag along?
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Anyways, I'll get a city open and you can join if you want to Chaos.
We'll probably still be doing quests to get my HR up to where yours are.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Left him a message on DA, if he gets on Steam I will say something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread   

Back to top Go down

Smurf Village Base Camp - Official MB Chat Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Spam-