HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:31 am

That would be my next plan if I can't get it to work any other way. I tried a few zany schemes involving connecting my laptop to the PS3 using a short Ethernet cord and trying that Internet sharing thingy, which kind of worked, so that might be Plan A, with buying a longer cord being Plan B cause I'm a cheap friendly clown touches me on Sundayz.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 am

T_L wrote:
That would be my next plan if I can't get it to work any other way. I tried a few zany schemes involving connecting my laptop to the PS3 using a short Ethernet cord and trying that Internet sharing thingy, which kind of worked, so that might be Plan A, with buying a longer cord being Plan B cause I'm a cheap friendly clown touches me on Sundayz.

...That is the best possible censor for "b*stard" ever. Love
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 am

T_L wrote:

Either way, you shall join my vampire hunting and it shall be glorious!

Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 am

T_L wrote:
T_L wrote:

...That is the best possible censor for "b*stard" ever. Love

Possibly so.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:45 am

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:

Either way, you shall join my vampire hunting and it shall be glorious!

VERILY.

And now back on topic, this is what a multiplayer Castlevania should be, not a mediocre fighting game that strips character motivations down to their bare bones and replaces likable traits with nonsensical ones which fly in the face of previously established canon. I hate it

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 am

I did not play Judgment and, God willing, I never will.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 am

It's not even that it's a bad game. Judgement would have been a decent, if not particularly innovative, fighting game if it weren't for the fact that it's Castlevania. If it did something decent with its premise, I could easily see it being at least somewhat popular among fans of the series. The fact that it's such a radical shift from the rest of the series wouldn't be a big deal if it was interesting in terms of storytelling, even if the gameplay was rather mediocre.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm

THE GAME IS UP.

ALL THE DLC IS AVAILABLE!! =D

BUY IT NOW!!

The damage to the wallet will TOTAL $43 if you buy EVERYTHING.

Base game - $15

Chapters 8 & 9 - $4 each

Chapters 10 & 11 $3 each (They're 8-bit so I guess the knocked a dollar off)

Richter & Maria - $3 each

Simon & Fuma - $2 each

Music Packs 1 & 2 - $2 each

In addition to the base game if you get nothing else, buy the stages. But PLEASE buy the stages.

If you get picky with them 9 and 11, but really all 4 are worth it.

As far as extra characters Richter and Fuma IMO should take priority if you end up wanting new characters.

Music only if you really want to.

I'm buying everything just because I want to.

TL;DR: Game is $15 bucks, total cost of all content $43, I recommend spending the extra $14 ($29 total) for the other 4 stages at the bare minimum to get maximum replay out of this game.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 pm

My wallet is crying. $43 plus probably the cost an ethernet cord.

DAMMIT PEOPLE WHO MAKE VIDEO GAMES, STOP MAKING ME POOR.

In any case, I'll probably buy Ico/Shadows of the Colossus thing first, then maybe get one of them PSN spend-y cards and then start saving up for DLC and everything else I want to buy because the entire video game industry is collaborating against me personally to stop me from buying all the crap I want. Y-U-No

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Do you happen to have a headset as well?

No big deal if you don't.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I made it easier on myself by buying the $20 prepaid card earlier and just throwing the rest on my Debit Card, because I can. lol
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I don't have a headset.

That might be a thing I buy if my not-awesome budget allows it. That said, I probably wouldn't considering there's MAYBE two games I'd use it for.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 pm

You can get a wired one for $20.

Yeah I'm just lucky enough to have a very-part-time job and no real extra expenses at the moment.

But DO IT, IT'S ALL WORTH IT!! I\'m happy

In all seriousness this game will last forever.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 pm

I have no job (don't really have time) and my only income is money I get from birthdays and such. Also, I have extra expenses in the form of VIDEO GAMES.

But as my current budget is somewhere around $70, a good portion of which is going to Ico/Colossus collection, some DLC and extra awesome stuffs will have to wait.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:59 pm

T_L wrote:
I have no job (don't really have time) and my only income is money I get from birthdays and such. Also, I have extra expenses in the form of VIDEO GAMES.

But as my current budget is somewhere around $70, a good portion of which is going to Ico/Colossus collection, some DLC and extra awesome stuffs will have to wait.

Ico/Colossus =$43 or so after tax unless you preordered meaning $38

A $20 card will buy you the game and like 1 stage or character.

Or if you do Fuma/Simon and 10/11 you could net a character and a chapter.

This leaves less than $10 for an ethernet cord, which is not going to get you a long one.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 pm

So turns out I just suck at money-counting. <_<

Well, worst comes to worst, I'll hold off on some DLC and see if I can swindle procure an ethernet cord from a friend who I'm pretty sure may or may not have one.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Stages should be top priority DLC unless one of the DLC characters is your desired main.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm probably gonna end up switching characters often because I like them all. Epic Grin

Well, I probably won't use Soma. No real reason; I just don't like him very much. It's not even a gameplay thing, something about him just makes me reluctant to use him in a game where he's not the main character.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I started with the intention of using Soma as a Main, hated that the only stuff worth farming for (as far as I knew at the time) was Chapter 6.

Move on to just playing as other characters for a bit, stopped playing for months.

DLC comes out, I get a stage and characters, don't stop playing until early 2011.

Resume playing towards March/April or something like that because a friend of mine had it and we played it all the time until I got fed up with not having luck on drops.

Started playing again with him later down the road and got a ton of good stuff.

Would have kept playing but they announced the PS3 version and I knew people that said they would play on PS3. (I'd rather have a group than just one other person.)

So far you, at least one other of my online friends, and one of my offline friends that I knew as a kid and just recently started keeping in touch with have said they will purchase the game.

If we can all play together on a somewhat consistent basis it shall be glorious.

And if not, it shall still be glorious.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 pm

This is one of those games that's just generally glorious, I think.

Granted, my schedule is erratic enough that I don't know that I can get online often, considering that I don't think my parents will be happy to know that I am spending my nights playing vidya games with people on the internet because they think everyone on the internet is pedophiles and I don't think they'll appreciate the ethernet cord going through a good portion of the house. Ooo

On another note, is there an option to play single-player if no one can be found?

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Yep, it even turns the Revive chests into loot chests. (Granted after you play for a while anything but a boss chest sucks)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 pm

And if you mute us they won't know you're deliberately playing with anybody.

We could be "randoms" for all they know.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah, that'll probably be what I'll do.

Or just play when no one else is home, which is probably easier since then I don't need to worry about a dog or a person screwing with the cord and also probably does a lot less to screw up that whole coordination thing that co-op games tend to require.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

And if you didn't know, the game has a pretty good "gesture" system that lets you kind of communicate. (it helps a lot because you end up with other nationalities a lot and not all of them speak english.)
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh, good, cause JE NE PARLE PAS L'ANGLAIS. Ooo

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:32 pm

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!

Yeah, me neither. Google Translate tells me it's something to do with George Bush, the JFK assassination, and a game of HORSE.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-