HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 pm

AND CAN YOU PLAY TONIGHT?
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
I have all her spells already.

Lightning is the only one worth keeping from the base game IMO.

But you gotta max the others out anyway for attack power.

Maxing out anything is insanely annoying except for lightning and maybe ice. Fire's range is short and beam's just kind of annoying to use except against a few stationary enemies.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:

Given the amount of people in my house and the fact that everyone is using the internet right now, making it difficult to move the router and set things up and such, probably not.

I was gonna put a smiley at the end of that last sentence, but then I realize we don't really have any that convey sadness. Comprehension

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:11 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

Maxing out anything is insanely annoying except for lightning and maybe ice. Fire's range is short and beam's just kind of annoying to use except against a few stationary enemies.
Chapter 9 boss works wonders for maxing out.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

Chapter 9 boss works wonders for maxing out.

Yeah, I'm basically spending that fight spamming the beam attack on the flies while they're circling around him while using Magnes points to dodge everything. Still fairly annoying since he dies fairly fast on Normal and I can barely reach his room on Hard.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

Given the amount of people in my house and the fact that everyone is using the internet right now, making it difficult to move the router and set things up and such, probably not.

I was gonna put a smiley at the end of that last sentence, but then I realize we don't really have any that convey sadness. Comprehension

Is the wi-fi really that bad?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:14 pm

The flies DO NOT give you exp for spells or sub-weapons.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:15 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

It's a hit and miss affair, kind of. Like, half the time, it'll connect but be kind of crappy, to the point where doing anything takes a crapton of time and downloading/playing online is just hilarious. The other half, it says something to the effect of "the IP cannot be detected" or some such.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:

What.

I thought you got EXP for anything that displays a number (or the "GUARD" sign) when you hit it.

INTERNETS, WHY HAVE YOU LIED TO ME Y-U-No

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

It's a hit and miss affair, kind of. Like, half the time, it'll connect but be kind of crappy, to the point where doing anything takes a crapton of time and downloading/playing online is just hilarious. The other half, it says something to the effect of "the IP cannot be detected" or some such.
I see. This kind of sucks.

Any luck with that ethernet cable?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

What.

I thought you got EXP for anything that displays a number (or the "GUARD" sign) when you hit it.

The flies, and Legions corpses do not give exp. Everything else (including "guard") do give you exp.

Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

I see. This kind of sucks.

Any luck with that ethernet cable?

I can technically get one, but, given that I am lacking in a car or the ability to (legally) drive, I'm currently reliant on other people who are willing to drive me to Best Buy or Target, as neither of them is in a reasonable walking distance. So I'm pretty much stuck waiting till my parents want to buy something from either of those places when I can hitch a ride.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 pm

I see.

And staying up late is probably not an option tonight like it was last night?
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:22 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

What.

The flies, and Legions corpses do not give exp. Everything else (including "guard") do give you exp.

...That would explain why the beam didn't level up as fast I would've thought with two master rings and a good hundred or more uses on the flies.

OKAY, new plan, find one of those enemies with the severed blue head and spam spells on their feet. YES. I\'m serious

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:23 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
I see.

On weekdays, generally not, cause I usually have to wake up early Monday through Friday and going to sleep late tends to make me ignore alarm clocks.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Beezlebub still works great.

Wait for the flies to fly off (or kill them) and then spam away on multiple parts of him.

I can show you what I did next time we play together.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
I see.

On weekdays, generally not, cause I usually have to wake up early Monday through Friday and going to sleep late tends to make me ignore alarm clocks.

Makes sense. I don't work till evenings so I can stay up late most nights.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:

Wait for the flies to fly off (or kill them) and then spam away on multiple parts of him.

I can't kill flies on hard, they take too many hits and then they rape me while I'm trying to hit them cause I wasn't focusing and am generally stupid. derp

On another note, does Shanoa have anything that hits fast enough to take out Puppet Master's Iron Maiden dolls? Cause I was gonna try grinding Death for Death's Robes except I can't get to his chapter on hard mode without beating Chapter 2. <_<

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

I can kill them with one of her DLC spells pretty quick. I'll show you next time.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

I can't kill flies on hard, they take too many hits and then they rape me while I'm trying to hit them cause I wasn't focusing and am generally stupid. derp

On another note, does Shanoa have anything that hits fast enough to take out Puppet Master's Iron Maiden dolls? Cause I was gonna try grinding Death for Death's Robes except I can't get to his chapter on hard mode without beating Chapter 2. <_<

Backdash canceling a Pnuma. Which is from chapter 3,4,5,6 boss on normal or hard.

Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

Backdash canceling a Pnuma. Which is from chapter 3,4,5,6 boss on normal or hard.

That would be the wind weapon?

Yeah, I can see how that could work. It didn't occur to me to do backdash cancelling cause I'm generally crappy at lag-cancel stuff in games. I can only really reliably pull it off with the lightning spell.

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Stone fist actually, that one works too.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:37 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Stone fist actually, that one works too.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Pneuma

Er. Kirby

=P

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Lapist dammit. >=[
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:41 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Lapist dammit. >=[

Finally got two of those. It took bloody forever and then I forgot that it doesn't have the giant wind wave attack like Pneuma does so I flailed ineffectually at an out-of-range enemy for a second or two, but then I realized that it one-shotted most of the non-boss enemies in Normal Mode Chapter 5, and that was pretty awesome. I love it more

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Learn to backdash cancel it.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 pm

That sounds like the potential for epicness.

You could use it to rapidly fist enemies in the face with your long, hard........

Yeah, I'm cutting off that sentence there. Comprehension

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-