The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Just went into the game's files and cleared out some unofficial maps that were just... for lack of a better word, terrible.

I'm never going to play these maps, why let them take up space?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:23 am

Yes! Got both of this year's achievements!

Not sure what was harder, killing Monoculus, or convincing the entire server to stop killing each other and focus on the eye. Well I somehow managed to do both, so go me!
Even managed to get close enough to whack the floating eyeball with my equalizer a few times.

Still have to kill the HHH with a melee weapon. NO IDEA how I'm supposed to do that.
And the haunted present I can never seem to find, let alone collect. Must always appear on the other side of the map or something.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:13 am

I don't even know what the present looks like. also no one in my games ever want to cooperate. Them seem to think its a actual king of the hill or something
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 am

Gr33n wrote:
I don't even know what the present looks like. also no one in my games ever want to cooperate. Them seem to think its a actual king of the hill or something
Well it kinda is, but the point is locked as soon as he appears so there is no point in killing the other team then.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 pm

I just went to study the new Ghastliest Gibus.

Ha, this hat is the very incarnation of every Halloween event so far!

Ghastly Gibus is the hat The Ghost of Zephaniah Mann wears during the first event.
Ghastlier Gibus has the addition of the HHH's belt buckle.
Ghastliest Gibus has a further addition of an eye representing Monoculus looking out from the torn brim.

Few years from now it's going to be a dang Christmas tree of halloween features.

While assigning halloween-themed hats to all my classes, I found the Ghastlier Gibus goes very well with the Lord Cockswain's Sideburns. It just adds to how dapper the look is! And I can wear this all year, so I can continue to be the definition of "Dapper and Deadly"!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Experimenting with the YER.
Figured it'd go great with the Spy Revolver I can't spell/pronounce (Le'Estranger or something) since you must rely more on your cloak than your disguises.

Thing is, this weapon is situational. You have to wait for your enemy to move up the field to give you ample room to take down a straggler. Once you've taken an identity you can work your way to the front lines from behind your opponent's back.

*This is just me running the scenario through my head, so it's just theory and untested. I have never survived long enough to actually use the YER effectively.

I'm guessing it's good for maps that have a sort of path to them (Such as Control Point, Attack/Defend, and Payload.) Maps that are all over are far less favorable (King of the Hill, possibly Capture the Flag.)

Also did some Scout practice before my game crashed. I'd like to practice with the Scattergun a bit more before pulling out the Force-A-Nature. Scout is all about predicting whats around the corner, and aiming while running. Or at least that's what I've found I need to work on. Getting better at those two though.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Hm, ya know I was just reviewing my general strategy.

For just about every class I play as, (Minus Medic, Sniper, Heavy and Demo) I give myself the role of clearing the path ahead, notably on Payload maps. Running forward and taking down defenses before they're fully up. Yes, Even as an Engineer. Heck ESPECIALLY as an Engineer! Then I can take down their defenses, and put my own in their place! Once I tore down an enemy sentry before it was up, then planted my own mini-sentry in it's place! I'm a crazy sonuvavixen.

The rest of my team can push the cart. I'll help make sure their run is smoother.

I don't use those four because Medics should stay with a group, Snipers should stay away from direct combat, Heavy is too slow, and Demo I just can't use for that kind of combat.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 am

ChaosDX1 wrote:
I just went to study the new Ghastliest Gibus.

Ha, this hat is the very incarnation of every Halloween event so far!

Ghastly Gibus is the hat The Ghost of Zephaniah Mann wears during the first event.
Ghastlier Gibus has the addition of the HHH's belt buckle.
Ghastliest Gibus has a further addition of an eye representing Monoculus looking out from the torn brim.

Few years from now it's going to be a dang Christmas tree of halloween features.

While assigning halloween-themed hats to all my classes, I found the Ghastlier Gibus goes very well with the Lord Cockswain's Sideburns. It just adds to how dapper the look is! And I can wear this all year, so I can continue to be the definition of "Dapper and Deadly"!

I actually like the ghastly gibus. I just like other hats better.

Also when did you get lord cockstain's sideburns.

and doe anyone know what a haunted item goes for?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 am

Man, I can't even FIND Haunted items. Just look for someone selling the same thing on the steam forums and then sell it for slightly less. That's what I do.

I also decided to take advantage and try and get some of the rare haunted items hidden in Mann Co. crates. So I bought two keys and got two strange weapons I'll never use. Yay.

These are going up for sale. Anyone need a Sandman/Revolver?
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:01 pm

You understand that u are losing mOney doing that. Just save the keys and buy any strange u want. There isn't a strange out there you can't buy with 2 keys
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm not looking for a specific strange, I just wanted to take the gamble on the Halloween item.

And even if I didn't I had roughly a 46.5% chance of getting something I [s]wanted[/s] wouldn't-not-want out of there. Good odds.

I'll look through the current list of stranges and see what they have to trade these for. Oooooh, they have a Strange Ullapool Caber! Do want!

Strange for a strange in my book. Unless they're crazy hot like a Medigun where I considered a 2-for-1 to be a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:58 pm

All I'm really looking for is the Your Worst Nightmare at the moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Damnit.

Finally pick this game up again and it crashes EVERY TIME I deploy an uber!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Oh, and it turns out the two strange Items I want are in an incredibly rare crate so no one will sell one to me for less than a ton of keys.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Yay, #30 is quite demanded. :c I want my Kritzkrieg... erm... Yay, I guess I could get it, but I don't want to waste all my refined.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 am

Kinda glad Halloween is over. Sick of all the Eyeaduct servers where I can't do anything but not get Haunted Gifts.

Also the next time I buy something from Mann Co. HIT ME.

In other news, somehow the last 7 drops I've gotten were a weapon to a completely different class. Yep, got 7 new weapons, and none of which can be turned into scrap metal! If the next two are Medic and Pyro I'll have the one for every class! What are the chances?
But if I get a different class's weapon, then for the first time EVER I will have a Refined Metal in my backpack! Just one weapon away!

I've made a flowchart of my usual experience playing TF2:

Join a server (Play offline and make your own 'listening' server)
Wait for the server and map to load. (Go do something else because this takes a WHILE!)
Pick a random team. (Get Blu 85% of the time.)
Wait some more because it's currently in setup and Blu doesn't do anything during setup.
Play in intense lag for the next two minutes because I guess the map is still buffering or something. Or have the game crash soon after the gates open. (Go back to step 1)
If you survive all this, you can enjoy playing TF2 with minimal lag and freakin' dominate everyone!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Random game I thought up.
Drop the difficulty on the bots, and use only your Secondary weapon.
I'm going to try that and see if it's any fun. Just for lulz. (And because shotguns and Righteous Bisons are awesome.)

Edit: hehehe. I also found the command that makes every bot use melee weapons while checking the option to change bot difficulty. Good for if you want some melee training or want to go on a killing spree similar to Left 4 Dead. Now if only there was a way I could imbalance the teams to make it just me, fully armed, against a ton of zombie-like melee-only bots.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Okay, someone PLEASE explain to me how Melee weapons work, because I CLEARLY do not understand how to use them.

I charge someone and hit them with my sword. They live, and kill me with a random crit. WTF.

I am getting killed by WAY too many Medics and Engineers. Turns out they're very deadly with melee weapons.

Edit: Okay, I've determined that the Half-Zatochi is the best weapon for me. Can't survive without random crits, because that's how I'm always killed.

Also is there anything other than "Point and shoot" I need to know about melee weapons? Seriously. That does not work half the time.
(And don't say something stupid like "You also have to be close enough". No freakin' duh.)
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Decided to do some Scout training under "Melee Only" rules.
...With me being the exception to that rule of course.

Hey, Scout's only effective at close range. So I still get killed a lot. This helps me practice my aim. I'll practice dodging bullets later.

Can't decide what's better for me, Scattergun or the Force-A-Nature.
The FAN does seem to be favoring my play style though.
Also testing the Sandman as a replacement for my Fan-O-War. The fan is Niiiiiice against heavies. ...actually, it's awesome against anyone. But I am finding myself cornered and having to reload a lot before I can deal damage. An actual bat that can actually hurt should help me out here. Also has a taunt kill. Taunt kills are nice to have. And this is completely disregarding the fact that you can stun people and make them perfect targets for your FAN.
That's just me thinkin' aloud of course. The game crashed before I could try out the Sandman.

EDIT: I've decided that using weapons while playing Scout as everyone else gets melee only is MORE than fair since they land crits 50% of the time. Not jokin'.

Edit: Yep, I was just killed by my THIRD CRIT IN A ROW. Out of being hit THREE TIMES.

Also I decided that Holy Mackeral is best bat.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 am

People often think that the wrenches and saws have a hugher crit rate, but the actual reason for the abundance of killer triple damage blows is for different reasons. The more damage you do in a short time-frame. (I think it's around 15 seconds), the higher your crit rate increases. The counter is effected by the damage a medic's patient does, and the damage and engineers sentry does, as well as the damage the class itself dishes out.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:14 pm

I just learned that the Reserve Shooter can be equipped by the Pyro now. I'm going to have to experiment with these possibilities.

When I heard about it at the game convention (Same place that I heard the Widowmaker was secretly updated) I thought they were just giving a hypothetical scenario of combining a ton of quick-switch weapons.

Give the Fists of Steel to the Pyro as well! Then combine it, the Reserve Shooter, and the Degreaser so that all you have to do to switch weapons is THINK about it!

Also noticed TF2 Beta updating itself in my Steam browser. I looked around and didn't see anything new.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Reserve Shooter not all that effective from my tests.
Airblasting will knock the enemy away from you. Far enough that the pellets will scatter too much to take much advantage of the mini-crit damage. You'd kill a grounded enemy only slightly slower with a regular shotgun with far less difficulty aiming.

Still useful if you don't think your weapon switch speed with the Degreaser is enough when you're pulling out your Axtinguisher. That is a passive attribute. Or maybe you want fast weapon switch without the damage cost to your primary weapon. Though it will only give you 15% compared to the Degreaser's 65%.

Interesting glitch: If you airblast an enemy toward the ground (Easy if you have a height advantage), they won't become airborn but will still be vulnerable to all crits from a Reserve Shooter until they jump. See if you can hide above a doorway.

On another note, I don't use it with my Soldier either. If I knock someone in the air, I prefer to aim a rocket at where they land. Either way they're dead before they hit the ground.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Woo! Got rid of the Strange Sandman!
It's a good weapon, but I have no use for it.
Also gave away an Ullapool in the same deal. It was uncraftable and was replaced by my Strange Ullapool.

In exchange I asked for a Reclaimed. Instead I got a Reclaimed, two crates, and a Triboniophorus Tyrannus!

Woo! Thanks, Dixie!

Edit: Aw, dangit. Now I can't decide which hat to wear. The above, or my old Hottie's Hoodie

The slug is cute, the hoodie matches my asbestos uniform, and they are both awesome!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:11 am

WOO! Today was an AWESOME day in Team Fortress 2!

Joined a random server. It was Turbine, and nothing else.
At first it was crazy unbalanced with me on the loosing team. Then the teams were shuffled and I fuggin' DOMINATED.

Got quite a few points added to my Strange Medigun, Syringe gun, Shotgun and Ullapool, and capped the intelligence a lot as medic after my patient died sacrificing himself to take out a Sentry.

Someone was looking for a Sydney Sleeper, and I happened to have an extra. He gave me a Secondary weapon crafting token, two Reclaimed, and part of the Spy's halloween costume all for that one gun!

That gives me enough metal to have TWO REFINED! Ha, this morning I never had a Refined in my pack ever. Now I have TWO OF THEM! HAHA!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 am

I was just looking at some weapon demonstration vids of the Golden Wrench and the Saxxy.

The 'ragdoll' of the player killed by the weapon seems to act more like yellow rubber than a solid gold statue. It bounces and moves a little on impact with another object, like the ground it falls on. Looks weird.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 pm

I like the Scout's Force-A-Nature.
More damage with knockback at the cost of a MUCH smaller clip. But if you are taking the time to unload every shot of the scattergun, it's likely you'll be dead unless you're godly good at dodging while shooting. (And I've seen Scouts that are.)
Good for hit-and-run tactics, which I've been using anyway.

I'm practicing running up behind people, and quickly crouching and aiming upward to get the most out of the knockback. So satisfying to see them fly away and die from impact with the ground.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 am

I finally found time to play online with actual people (read as: "realized that I haven't played online for a month and said "Screw finals, I'm playing this!"")

I have a happy announcement: I'm finally good at Scout!

Loving the Force-A-Nature. Only one problem I've found with it is that you can't follow-through when attacking enemies in high areas as the recoil will knock you away from them.
Example: The battlements on 2Fort. Can't jump on the bridge and rush a sniper on the other side without your own gun knocking you away from him.
All ground enemies are fodder though. Especially when they don't know you're sneaking up behind them!

Best moment: When I killed a Dead-Ringer Spy that was dominating me with my fish. I knew that killed him because a "FISH KILL!" isn't announced if it's a fake dead-ringer death. Revenge is best when delivered by a fish to the face.

So that's the following I'm good at now:
Engineer: Kick-As s
Medic: Kick-As s
Soldier: Kick-As s
Scout: Kick-As s
Pyro: Lethal
Heavy: Lethal
Demo: Lethal (Need work on aiming that Loch-n-Load.)
Sniper: A mild threat
Spy: Fodder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-