Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll get one eventually. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Ya know, if I make the standards for my weapon arsenal to be "Every craftable weapon", I have quite a few more to grab.

Only ones still out of my reach are Big Kill, Golden Wrench, and the Saxxy.
Problem is all the other weapons that are craftable but weren't previously on my list do not have an exact recipie. I'll be throwing items together in the small hope of me getting the weapon I want.

...Maybe I should make the standard "Dropable". Yep, sounds good. That just leaves... The Original! And that's it!

...Might want to grab those non-dropable weapons later though. Especially now that the Sticky Jumper is actually useful.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 pm

I'll be impressed if you have a Big Kill. Those are really rare and they're worth quite a lot. :o I just got about 25 drops so far this week with all my accounts. All weapons and crate sadly. :c
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Understandable seeing as the Big Kill is only obtainable through pre-ordering a game that came out a long time ago.
Not to mention it's a pretty sweet-looking gun.
Quote :
This might look like an ordinary revolver, until you realize that it helps a talking dog solve crimes. How many crimes has YOUR dog solved lately? And let's face it, his revolver kind of sucks too. Man, we want to talk about this gun more, but we can't get over how much your dog sucks.
— Official Description

Well, at least I got the other gun from that game. Lugermorph is sweeeeet.

Edit: I'm adding the description for this gun too because they're both awesome descriptions.
Quote :
Who wouldn't want to squeeze off a couple rounds with the murder weapon of choice of a sociopathic cartoon rabbit? Probably quite a lot of people, when you get right down to it. Luckily, those people are all well-adjusted contributors to society with no police records, spotless credit ratings and few unresolvable moral failings. They also probably have no interest in playing TF2, so that means more murder-rabbit gun shooting for the rest of us.
— Official Description

I've NEVER gotten a hat through a drop.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:20 pm

A number of people have said that they hate my Loch-N-Load, so clearly I'm using it right!
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, I have 4 refined metal waiting for that new medic hat to come out. Then it'll be mine mine mine! *Insert gibbering laughter. Also: sad violin music.*

Actually, I got a random hat drop today, a flipped trilby for the Scout. Not a bad hat, but it's nothing compared to Bill's Hat. (Which I am thinking of renaming, It's a very awkward name for a hat.)
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 am

I love demoman now.
Explosives solve everything.
My loch-n-load is the very definition of Keel-U, and the Ullapool Caber only compliments my insane gameplay. Not to mention I have NEVER had a problem with enemy sentries since I started using this baby!

Ha! Best story right here: During humiliation I chased a pyro into a corner and who should be there but two other enemies. One swing of a crit Ullapool and they were all no more than bloody bits!

So many good stories from today, but sadly replays were not enabled on the server I was on. Had a really good one where I killed a spy with my Ullapool, taunted as an enemy demo came from behind me only to be killed by a sentry, and sticky-jumped behind enemy lines to kill an engie.

Edit: Oh! And some random guy wanted to trade me. I told him I had every weapon except for The Original and guess what he was willing to trade?

I now have the full Team Fortress 2 set! - minus a few promotional items!
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:15 am

Ryu wrote:
Gr33n wrote:
Ryu wrote:
Nah, normal trade is one scrap for a weapon you need. If it's on both end, then a weapon for a weapon works.

And uber weapons aren't worth more than one scrap.

Depends on who you ask. I've sold countless users for 2 scraps.

and its still weapon for weapon because theres people who have all the weapons and they trade for a weapon only.
Trade is all subjective, but the normal price is one scrap. You can highball for 2 scraps and that's all fine. XD

yeah XD I always highball with prices. it does seem to always workout for me though.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 am

Decided to use my last Key on a Medic crate I recently picked up, praying to get the elusive Strange Medigun.

Got another Strange Syringe gun. I don't use the other one I have, no point in having two.
Wonder if I can trade this in. Maybe two other S. weapons will be worth one S. Medigun. Or a Jag. Jag's also good.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Got another Machima if you still want one.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

ChaosDX1 wrote:
Decided to use my last Key on a Medic crate I recently picked up, praying to get the elusive Strange Medigun.

Got another Strange Syringe gun. I don't use the other one I have, no point in having two.
Wonder if I can trade this in. Maybe two other S. weapons will be worth one S. Medigun. Or a Jag. Jag's also good.

how many keys have you bought so far?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Nope, got every non-promotional weapon now. But thanks!

@ Gr33n: What, I'm supposed to be counting? I'll take a wild guess and say 5.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

No I was just going to say you buy a lot of stuff from them. I think we had this discussion before though.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Currently with no income, and low on funds until the school board gets off their asses and gives me my damn financial aid, so I won't be buying anything from Mann Co. for a while.
That key was oooooold.

But yeah, I do give them a lot of cash. And on the subject of buying stuff from them, ten dollars for shipping!? The hat I bought was just twenty bucks! ...But I guess that's the postal service's fault and not Valve.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Posted on the TF2 official blog.
And we all know who Brentalfloss is.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm

I've somehow managed to get three random drop hats in the past two weeks somehow. Two of them being rather cack ones, but the mask for the Medic is a nice one for trading.

Also; I saw someone unbox an unusual hat, and played a match with the maker of the "Madame Dixie" hat for the pyro. Man, what a month!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:31 pm

I was just drooling over a picture of a real-life Righteous Bison (I will [probably] own one someday!) and I had the urge to shoot it, so I started up TF2.

Found another reason to like it.
As the advertisement reads: "It's wide beam dispersal makes aiming a thing of the past!"

It's true. What do you hit with a bullet? Whatever is dead-center on your crosshairs.
What do you hit with the Bison? Everything three feet around your crosshairs.

Add that to the fact that it phases through opponents, and one crit down a tunnel will kill half the enemy team. ...Assuming half the enemy team is in said tunnel and they are not Heavies.
It's like the Shiper's Machina, but with less dead-center aiming, less charge time, and also less damage.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:05 pm

I had half a mind to use this instead of the shotgun for the soldier, but the other half remembered all the good times it had finishing off injured enemies with shotgun pellets to the chest. A fight insued, and the latter part won out in the end.
The RB has its moments, but the shotgun wins out for it's versitile nature.

I too would also love to own one of the models, though. However, it costs a pretty penny, and you don't really have anywhere to leave it on (when you're not pretending to shoot it whilst making lazer noises, natch), unless you fork out even more money by buying the official stand.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah, I fought between the shotgun and Bison myself. Bison just barely won by "it's a raygun, that's awesome." And it's wider firing range that I recently discovered is sure to help me when I usually use the shotgun: Cornered and out of rockets.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Double misc slot update is coming along others stuff. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Ryu wrote:
Double misc slot update is coming along others stuff. Can't wait for tomorrow.
I saw that feature when I was looking through Beta a few weeks ago!
Only looking. Not playing. Haven't played Beta since the last time where I joined an empty payload server and assumed all of beta was like this. Also you can't earn hats/weapons for your main file. Such a shame.

Wanted to try it out, but I didn't have any of my misc items from the full game in my beta file. Just my mercenary badge and one or two other things.

I've been waiting for this since... since... when was that Summer blog post? Ah whatever, here's what I remember of it:
"We realize the artist's mistake of the Scout equipping two miscellaneous items, as that is impossible. The artist has been fired, and now we are working to make his dream a reality."
Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Updated! Some cool new stuff including New high-five taunts!

...Wait, "new"!? That's been in the "Unused animations" folder of the game for a while now. Well, glad they have it now anyway. (And on that note, do not leave a Demoman hanging when he offers you a high-five if you do not like to see birds being flipped.)

New hats. and new ways to make them. I am sad for my lack of hat making software and knowledge.
Lots of usernames inspired by a certain children's cartoon. I think this is the closest we'll ever get to reading Saxton Hale type out the name "Rainbow Dash."

Edit: Also:
Taunts added for the Ullapool Caber and Righteous Bison!
Yes! That was a bit of a setback for my two favorite weapons.
Recycled taunts are better than no taunts.
EDIT: New Ulapool taunt is unused Bottle kill taunt. Kinda like the high-fives.

Bots no longer freakin' psychic to my ambushes! Only kinda psychic!
Pyros will no longer make me rage with their obsession with airblasting me into a wall until I burn to death! Haaaaaate that.
Other Bot improvements as well, but still no Engineers actually being helpful. They continue to whack their fully repaired sentry as mine is slowly sapped two feet away.

Last edited by ChaosDX1 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:06 pm

After going through my equipment with the new "4 quick-switch loadouts" and the new extra Misc. Slot, I've come up with some creative new loadout combos.

Demoman was the most obvious for the loadout switch. Medieval Mode. 'Nuff said.
But I also got creative with a few others.

My new secondary loadout for Heavy is "Perimeter Defense" focused. Brass Beast, Sandvitch and fists. I sit on a point/intel and never leave.
Medic gets Kritzkrieg and I add Solemn Vow and S. Syringe Gun since I no longer need the charge boost and run speed the Overdose and Ubersaw give as much as I did with the Medigun. Might add a Quick-Fix and Medieval loadout as well.
Sniper gets a Huntsman and a SMG for close-range battle. And a Shahashaha for good measure. Might add a special Sydney Sleeper loadout as well for when I'm just not landing those headshots.
Engie gets a quick-swap between Gunslinger and Jag. Also swapped the pistol for a Wrangler since I won't be going full-offense without a Gunslinger.

Edit: Kinda buggy trying to make more Medic loadouts. Medigun is stuck in place and I can't put on a hat. No problems elsewhere.
(Maybe it's because I took advantage of the lag when equipping to give myself two Licenses to Maim.)
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Yeah.....

This update is to awesome. So much for playing other games.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 pm

After playing and exploring all the new stuff:

3 new weapons total. 2 for Demo, all Reskins.
New feature: Add your own decals to something that isn't a spray. Now TF2 will have even MORE ponies!
(Not my fault. Average TF2 player is a Bronie. It's statistics.)
New control point map. I explored the entire thing, including the Skybox in which I shot a cloud.
I still can't hit a medic that is holding completely still with a Sydney Sleeper. Gawd I suck at Sniper.
High-Fives are the only thing I'm looking to buy in the Mann Co. store. And they're not on sale, they're just new.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 pm

So can we see the skins or is it just for the person themelsves?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:42 am

Gr33n wrote:
So can we see the skins or is it just for the person themelsves?

3 new Weapons.
Not 3 new Mods you'll never see unless you install it.
They were Officially added to the game.
I am Emphasizing important parts.

By new skins, I mean they work the same as old weapons. Like the Saxxy works the same as every class's default melee, or the Postal Pummeler working the same as the Axtinguisher.

Here are the new weapons:

The Scottish Handshake (Bottle Reskin)

The Bootlegger (Ali Baba's Wee Booties Reskin)

The Conscientious Objector (Same stats as any default melee)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-