HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RoseBuddy
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:45 pm

pat b and poison
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:15 pm

The sound of the fan of my computer.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:35 am

My ipod on shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:34 am

I wonder if brad likes country music =U Has caj asked? BTW Bob the Builder theme. Win. Listen to it.

The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Been listening to Humbug by the Arctic Monkeys and Black Holes and Revelations and the Resistance by Muse.

I've noticed it takes me longer than most people to like anything popular. Razz Which really sucks, 'cause all my friends were into Muse before me.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Going to see Rush in April. Happiness! C:
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

This thread needs a bump.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles OC remix.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Listening to Death's album Symbolic.
Really good progressive death metal. :U

And now listening to Chuck Schuldiner's other band's (Control Denied) album The Fragile Art of Existence.
It basically sounds like The Sound of Perseverance era Death, minus the death metal edge.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Listening to Blut Aus Nord's new album 777 Sect(s)
-Industrial Black Metal

Bring it on. I\'m not impressed
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Just Leviathan and this Live version of Children of the Grave, with Dio on vocals I might add.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm actually digging this sound from Blut Aus Nord.
It kinda has this sound that reminds me of running machinery.
You know, rotating belts and exhaust and shit.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

Overcome - All That Remains

Pretty good album.
Back to top Go down
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:03 pm

72 Minutes of Fame by C418

Aww yeah.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Blut Aus Nord's album MoRT.
Lots of people hated this album, but others said it was a masterpiece.
Seeing what all the hubbub's about, but the first song was cool. Really freaking creepy. :U

Second song sounds a lot like the first song. :scramble:
Wonder if that's going to be a problem.

Yeah, the third sound sounds the same.
The drums and guitars all sound the same from song to song. The only difference is the little effects they layer on top of that.
It's cool, but it basically sounds like one long song.
It'd be a cool album if it sounded varied, but it's not. It's samey throughout (so far).
I'm going to finish it out, but it's not looking good.

Final verdict on the album: It's alright I guess, but only in that "It's experimental as shit" way, because that's really all the album has going for it.
With the sole exception of the last two minutes of song five, the whole album sound EXACTLY the same. Songs 5 and 7 are really the only songs that sound "different" because they are a bit faster than the other songs (and song five has the ending two minutes that actually sound nothing like the rest of the album).
If you took a look at a a single song and didn't look at it in the context of the other songs, it's really cool, original, and just plain awesome.
But when put into the context of the other songs, it's basically just a 47 minute long song that has NO change ups.

So basically, I'd give each song (by themselves) a 9 or 10 out of 10, but the album as a whole is more like 3 out of 10, if that.
Which is weird. I'd definitely recommend any other Blut Aus Nord album over this one (even the ones I haven't heard).
I'd recommend this one if you're looking for something creepy and alien as hell though. But keep in mind the whole 47 minutes (with the sole exception of two minutes at the end of song five) literally sound exactly the same. I don't care how many times one listens to this album, I would bet a massive load of cash that no one would be able to identify any of the songs until the end of the songs come around where there is usually some creepy atmospheric sounds and shit.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Currently listening to the Mega Man X4 soundtrack.

Before that... Blaster Master and Dragon Spirit. (old school ftw. x3)

Next up... probably Metroid Prime.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

MMX 4 had some good tracks.

I miss that game. >_>

If Capcom would port the MMX collection to Vita I would forgive them for most of their transgressions.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm

TIME TO LISTEN TO BLUT AUS NORD.
For like the past two or three weeks it's basically been non-stop black metal for me.
AND IT'S AWESOME.

If you look around, you're going to find some quality black metal out there.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm

I actually found a copy at the Play N Trade in my area like... last year, I think?

Wasn't complete, but it wasn't a lot of money ($7.00 I think? Or was it 8?)

MMX5 might have also been there, but I didn't get it. (I forget what else I got on that trip.)

I'll probably end up picking up the MMX collection if I can ever find it. Not sure for what system. Don't really have to worry about messed up controls (like on MM collection for GC. >.>) since you can change the controls in the MMX games.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:55 pm

PS2 simply because that d-pad and having 4 shoulder buttons works perfectly for my preferred MM style.

Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I still can't believe I beat so many of the original MM titles on the GC. Seriously... the backwards controls just really trip you up. dizzy
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Dunno why you can't customize controls either.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Either Crapcom or Ninty's blunder. Dunno which one to blame for that fail. -.-
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 pm

I don't think you can customize them on the PS2 version either, it's just that they are in familiar places.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Blut Aus Nord basically sounds like (as far as their albums MoRT and The Work Which Transforms God) if you got a few zombies to form a black metal band.
The image of a black metal band filled with zombies is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:20 pm

That is a funny image.
Back to top Go down
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:28 am

Ganon1998 wrote:
Blut Aus Nord basically sounds like (as far as their albums MoRT and The Work Which Transforms God) if you got a few zombies to form a black metal band.
It would be hilarious if it wasn't already my visualization for black metal/
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 am

Geo Geo Gep Gep wrote:
Ganon1998 wrote:
It would be hilarious if it wasn't already my visualization for black metal/
Listen to pretty much any song off of MoRT and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't really describe any other black metal band as that really.
Most of it comes off as cold, wintry music, not really something I'd associate with zombies, lol.

But I'd highly recommend Blut Aus Nord (and even their album MoRT. I appreciate the album for what it was trying to do, but it didn't work very well). Really good band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Music-