View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Flipside   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 am

This is Domino's story =U HA BRAD. I POSTED. Ahem =3

So yes, Spotty Domino. Me and Caj named it BTW. As in he suggested two names and I picked |D

Last edited by Mega10 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zetras.com
Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 am

Chapter One

“Tag! Y’er it!”

The little zetraloid’s giggling echoed around the hollow. Her speckled armor blended well with the maple leaves she was playing with. Her sister raced across the dusty path in pursuit. The two spiraled into a pile of dried leaves, laughing gleefully. A gentle breeze wisped through their hair and carried leaves across the sky. The two watched as the leaves twirled about and swept passed the spotted zetraloid in the distance.

“What’s he doin’?” Speckle asked her sister.

Smudge shrugged and giggled, “Let’s go ask ‘im!”

The two sisters raced up the slope. The dust patted out beneath their feet as they frolicked and ran. Tall yellowing grass lined the sides of their path while a lone apple tree waited at the top of the hill along with the small zetraloid.

“Domino, come play with us!” Speckle nudged the spotted zetraloid affectionately.

“Nuh-uh.” Her brother insisted as he pulled his black bandanna back into place.

At once he began searching the ground for fallen apples. The tree branches were far too tall for the zetraloid to reach. Speckle and Smudge watched with skeptical expressions.

“What’re you doing?” Smudge asked with a giggle.

“Findin’ apples.”

Speckle suppressed a laugh at her brother’s idea.

“The apples ‘r up there, silly!”

“Yeah but, I can’t reach ‘um.” The little spotted zetraloid informed.

“Nevermind the apples, Domino, let’s play tag!” Speckle darted from side to side playfully.

Domino considered it for a moment but seemed indecisive.

“What’s the big deal with the apples anyway?” Smudge asked.

Domino was silent for a moment before answering.

“I thought mama might want some.” He pointed his black tipped finger to indicate a small pile of apples which he had collected.

“You dummy.” Speckle jeered her brother as she gave him an affectionate nudge, “Mama doesn’t pick up apples off the ground!”

“That’s yucky!” Smudge added.

“But…” Domino’s gaze trailed to the pile of apples and then the tree. Its size was daunting. No way would he ever be tall enough to reach.

“You can help when you get bigger, c’mon!”

“But I—“

Speckle tugged a small green plush snake that had been looped through her brother’s bandanna. She shook it then tip-toed towards the hill slope.

“Hey!” Domino exclaimed in alarm.

“Snakey thinks you should play with us!” She wiggled the snake between two fingers.

Domino grabbed for it but missed by inches. He tried to stand tip-toed, intent on getting Snakey back. Speckle frowned and handed it back to her spotted brother. He held it close and rubbed his face against it cheerfully before tucking it back into his bandanna.

“Snakey wants to pluck apples for mama.”

“You don’t pluck apples, you pick them.” Smudge jumped in to correct him.

Domino had set about his work of collecting fallen apples again while his sisters giggled and pounced on each other.

“Look what I found!”

“Is that a worm?”

Domino was by their side in a core beat.

“Where? Where is it?”

All three crowded around the small, green, slender body inching along.

“What is it?” Speckle prodded at the creature with her finger.

She retracted it with a squeak of surprise as the creature rolled over and thrashed back and forth.

“It’s an inch worm.” Domino informed.

Smudge looked skeptical, “Why would anyone name a worm that?”

“Because…” Domino thought it over, “When they find more inch worm friends they get together and measure stuff!”

“If he’s a worm, why isn’t he in the ground?” Speckle asked.

“Maybe he doesn’t know how to dig.”

“Oh, I know! Let’s show him how!”

“Yeah!” Smudge agreed.

“I’ll show him.” Domino volunteered as he pushed his sister aside.

“Hey!” Speckle shoved him back, “Why should you get to?”

“’Cause I’m the bestest digger.”

“Are not.” Speckle countered.

“Am too!”

“Bet you aren’t!” Smudge added.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!” Speckle pounced on her brother, tumbling him over backwards.

Before he could get up again, Smudge joined in, pinning him to the ground. Domino blinked in surprise before laughing and squirming free from their grasp, only to stumble over his own feet and dive head first back to the ground.

Speckle and Smudge both giggled as Domino shook his head and spit out dirt. He rubbed a smear off of his face and sneezed. Speckle had already lost interest in the crawling worm and stood at the far slope of the apple tree hill.

“Hey, daddy’s home!”

Smudge bounced across until she stood beside her sister. “I’m gonna tell him about the inch worm!”

“Not if I do first!” Speckle announced as she dashed ahead.

“No fair! You cheated!” Smudge called after her.

Domino watched from the top of the hill, frowning slightly as he gazed down. Uncertainty fluttered in his stomach like a swarm of butterflies as he turned back to the pile of apples and hid behind them.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am

Chapter Two

Night had begun to set in as Domino finally left from hiding. Although he couldn’t see in front of himself due to the dark, he ambled on, casting an occasional glance at the outline of a tree or fence.

Owls hooted from their perches as he walked by. Eyes full of concern and wariness; he quickened his pace until he was in an all out run. The dark. He hated the dark. His foot caught in a fallen branch and he tumbled the remainder of the way.

Coughing slightly from dust, he stood once more. Now the dim glow of lights from their house told him he was near. A brisk wind whirled dry leaves at his feet. Sometimes he wondered if hiding was worth it.

Before long he was at the back door. Its scratchy wood surface told him that. Pushing it open just enough to squeeze through, he headed for the hidden spot beside the dryer. He stifled a cough as the sharp odor of smoke mixed with fabric softener threatened to choke him.

He snuggled himself down amongst a basket of dirty clothes and pushed himself against the warm dryer as it clanked and shuddered rhythmatically. All sound from the other room was drowned out. He was relieved by this at least.

Silhouettes of shelving filled with cans were barely outlined by the light from a different room. Domino yawned as the heat of the dryer warmed him through. He felt safe here. Secure from the world. Pulling Snakey free, he cradled the toy in his arms and drifted to sleep.

Morning sunlight dazzled through the rear window, waking the small zetraloid. The edges of the window were fogged by the cold. Blinking, Domino scrambled out of the basket and treaded lightly through the house.

The tan walls around him were stained with dirt and some places had smears as if the paint from something else had rubbed off. The floor was littered with assorted machinery parts, papers, clothes, and trash. A heavy smell of smoke still clung to the room like thick sap.

Domino picked his way through carefully until he reached the hallway leading to their front door. He caught sight of his mother, Dotti, a slender Acrobat zetraloid with pink dotted helmet fins surrounded by black and a leather cow-hide print ruffle as well as common jeans.

She held the door open with one hand, her black hair flopped over one shoulder as she said goodbye to the zetraloid outside. Domino shivered when he heard his father’s voice from so close. His father, Splotch, was an average Acrobat zetraloid, with armor splotches like a dairy cow’s hide. His blue eyes were always piercingly icy. He wore a red bandanna and brown vest.

“I don’t see how you done gone an lost ‘em again.”

“I know, Splotch, honestly, I’ve just been so busy—“

Busy!” He scoffed, “All you done gotta do is burn some chow for me to be choking on.”

Domino flinched at the harshness of his father. He shouldn’t have hidden. He waited until he heard the door click shut and his mother sigh. Venturing out into the open, he frowned as he tried swallowing the nasty smell away that made his throat ache.

“Mama?”

Dotti’s attention was to her son in a heart beat. She kneeled down and embraced him as a lone tear trickled down her cheek.

“I’m sorry mama.”

“There’s no need for that.” She answered; her voice soothing and quiet.

Domino smiled, grateful for her understanding as he pulled Snakey from his bandanna once more and hugged it.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 am

Chapter Three

“Come on, Domino!”

“I don’t want to.” The young zetraloid frowned and crossed his arms.

“Why not?”

Domino scowled while Speckle tip toed around him.

“I’m not a girl!” He cried.

“We know.” Smudge added innocently, “But its still fun to dress you up!”

Domino blinked before hugging his plushy snake with tight urgency.

Speckle climbed across their couch and tore out a handful of stuffing.

“Oops.” She tossed it behind and stretched to reach the radio. Her arm waved wildly back and forth as she tried to balance. Finally her hand grazed it, switching it on as she tumbled to the floor.

“Oof!” Her legs and arms flopped out in every direction.

Smudge and Domino chuckled and began bouncing in a circle. Speckle hopped up and joined her siblings. They joined hands and spun in a wider circle, Domino having completely forgotten his displeasure of being dressed like a girl.

Soon enough, the three were bouncing on the couch, laughing. They catapulted double their height into the air before reaching the worn out cushion again. Domino plopped down on the arm rest and rolled onto the ground with a thud. He gazed up at the looming couch and shrugged.

Picking up Snakey, he began to hum the tune of their song. His head swayed back and forth contently as he used the toy as a microphone, mumbling the few words he knew. Their mother came in from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a dish rag. A quick glimpse of the room was all she needed to make an educated guess on how the radio had been turned on.

“What lovely singing.”

Domino’s smile brightened as he shyly hugged his snake. Dotti frowned as she raised a hand to the side of her face. “Girls, please respect the furniture, your father works hard for it.”

“But Tumbleweed gave it to us!”

“Hush, Speckle.” Their mother instructed as she turned off their music, “Domino, sweetheart, why are you wearing your sister’s clothing?”

Domino pointed to his sisters with a sudden scowl.

“Tattletale.” Speckle murmured.

Turning towards her, he stuck his tongue out.

“Domino!”

“Sorry, mama.”

“That’s no way to be a gentleman.” She reprimanded while helping him out of the clothing his sisters had tossed on him.

“I wanna be a cowboy.”

“Well then, you can be a gentleman cowboy.”

Domino hugged his mother as she spoke to his sisters.

“I told you two not to do that to your brother.”

“I know, mama, but its fun.” Speckle squeaked happily.

“Do not dress him up.” Dotti’s voice was firmer now, “One more time and I’ll send you to your room. Is that clear?”

Speckle’s helmet fins drooped as she tugged at her hat, “Yes, mama.”

“To the kitchen you three. It’s time to get washed up for dinner.”

“Race ya there!” Speckle called, leading the way.

Domino and Smudge charged after her and chased each other around the table.

“I said get washed up.” Dotti instructed her children as she entered, “Your father will be home soon and he’ll want you ready for dinner.”

Dad’s coming home?” Domino took a couple steps back but his mother guided him to join his sisters.

“Yes he is. And there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be ready for him.”

Domino sighed and climbed up on the box his sisters had used to reach the sink, washing his hands as instructed. He lept off the box and rolled across the floor; he always had enjoyed rolling more than balancing.

“Dumby. You’re ‘sposed ta land on y’er feets.”

“Speckle, be nice.” Dotti whisked by to set a warm pot on the table and clear the clutter off it.

“Do I have to eat?” Domino fidgeted as he kept glancing to their hall.

“Domino, your father notices when you’re gone. You can’t always hide.”

“But—“

“No.” Her tone was harsher than normal but it didn’t bother him.

“Yes, mama.” He shoved a stack of magazines off his chair.

Moments later the door slammed against the wall and Splotch walked by the kitchen, not bothering to say hello to anyone. Giggling in delight, Domino’s sisters charged down the hall after him despite their mother’s command not to.

They soon returned with their father, still joyful as ever. Bouncing to their chairs, Speckle and Smudge clambered into their places amidst telling their father about the day. Domino climbed into his chair in silence.

The fresh scent of warm bread and honey-spread detoured him into a blissful happiness for just a moment.

“Domino.”

He blinked in surprise, realizing it was his father who had spoken. All had gone silent as Speckle and Smudge were busily chewing their dinner. His mother delicately sliced her food and his father had stopped eating all together.

Domino gazed up to meet Splotch’s gaze, not daring to speak so soon.

“Haven’t seen you in awhile.”

“Yeah.” Domino answered softly as he reached for the bread.

“Where were you?”

Domino flinched. His father’s tone had gone from casual to harsh in an instant.

“Around.” He placed the bread on his plate and brushed a finger over it, “I…I got lost, when…”

“I certainly hope you outgrow that.” Splotch interrupted, “You’ll get nowhere in life.”

Domino’s helmet fins drooped down as he spread some of the honey over the warm bread. With any luck his father would decide to talk to someone else or continue eating. The clatter of dinnerware had resumed but he still felt his father’s cold gaze resting on him.

“This house is a darn mess. Why haven’t ya cleaned it?”

“I’ve been busy.” His mother replied, “With the three kids an—“

“There ain’t nothin’ to rais’en kids! I’ll take Domino with me—“

“No!” Domino cried, “I promise I’ll stay in my room and won’t move and—“

“You just better shut y’er mouth!” Splotch pounded the table with his fist, making the plates rattle.

Domino frowned and gazed down to avoid eye contact.

“I oughta—“

“Splotch.” Dotti interjected, “Is that really necessary?”

“Like you would be knowin’! Ain’t nobody askin’ you fer advice! You let ‘em be a complete brat! Not in my house!”

“Sorry.” Domino apologized, his voice barely audible.

“You better be! I swear, next time you go tellin’ me no, y’er gonna be pick’in yourself up off the ground!”

“O-okay.”

He pounded the table again. Domino flinched, still not gazing up.

“Y-yes, Sir.”

Neither of his sisters ever had to address their father as sir. Why he had to made no sense to him. But there would be trouble if he didn’t.

“An’ you better not be makin’ me late tomorrow either!”

Splotch tossed his napkin down and shook his head as he turned to leave, beckoning his daughters to follow. His tone was totally different.

Domino took a bite of the now cold bread and let it scratch down his throat. He didn’t want to go to work with his father, but he had no choice.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Once Bloodspill is posted I'll finish reading that, and then read this one cause I want to know more about Dom Dom and the rabbit hutch. =)

And yes I helped name it. ^_^

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Don't worry XDD it shall be in there XP I promise.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 am

Chapter Four

Domino awoke with a jolt as the frigid air tore him from his blissful rest. Rubbing his eyes, he yawned and stood, surprised to find the room still dark.

“Ya plan on sleepin’ all day?? Come on!”

That was right. He had forgotten all about going to work with his father today. Stretching quickly, he retrieved his plush snake and a jacket, pulling it on as he ran along. Breakfast would most certainly not be ready and that left him to wonder what he would eat. His question was quickly answered by his impatient father.

“Hurry up, you're movin' slower than a slug.”

“Sorry.”

“Sorry dun make no money.”

Splotch held the door open for Domino. He scurried out and gazed at the early morning, still blanketed in darkness. The chatter of the stream down the hill could be heard. Domino's helmet fins perked up as he followed after Splotch. This early in the morning it was easy to catch all the interesting sounds.

As they neared the old wooden bridge Domino slowed down to peer below where a bramble of blackberry bushes grew in unseperatable thickness. A small stream trickled beneath it while moss covered rocks were visible sporadically from the tangle, still damp from the mist. He breathed in deeply, enjoying the fresh, cool, scent of pine.

“Domino!”

Scrambling after his father once more, he hopped off the last board of the narrow bridge. Crunchy, dried, pine needles now covered the ground while massive pine trees towered above. Domino shivered as a cold breeze whirled by, carrying with it a few shriveled oak leaves. With one well timed leap, he snatched the leaf out of the sky and carried it on proudly.

“Domino.”

What had he done this time? Gazing up at his father he blinked with pure unknowing innocence. He was surprised to find such an overwhelmingly intense glare meeting him. He took a few careful steps back, all previous bliss gone. Daring to turn around, he saw the house was no longer in sight. They were far enough now—far enough for no one at the house to hear...

“Come 'ere.” Splotch pointed directly in front of himself.

Domino's helmet fins fell to the sides as he ambled over, dragging his pace at a slow rate. The moment seemed to drag on. He braced himself and pulled his head close against his chest and shoulders, fully knowing what was to come.

A sharp smack to the side of his head. He didn’t dare move; it was rare to be hit only a single time. What did come, however, he hadn’t been far from prepared for. His feet and arms flailed helplessly as he soared through the air and landed ineptly on the hard ground.

Before he could get up, he felt his father's foot against his middle and tumbled over again. Gasping for air, he tried gathering all his limbs to work simultaneously, but wasn't quick enough as another kick rolled him against a tree. This time, he stayed down, shutting his eyes as tight as he could while listening to the crunch of pine needles informing him of his father's approach.

“Where were you?”

Domino's mind was scrambled. He hardly had any time to think it out before Splotch yanked him to his feet by one arm.

“Ow!”

“I said where were you!” Splotch held him off the ground by his shoulders and shook him, “Dun you play stupid with me, boy, I'll beat you so hard--”

“B-by the apple tree!”

Splotch's grip tightened as his glare intensified like a blazing fire, but before he had a chance to act on his anger, another zetraloid came along the same bridge.

“Splotch! Hey!”

Splotch set Domino down in order to shake hands with the other zetraloid. His mood had changed in a moment. Now he and the other were discussing if they thought the weather would hold out. Domino shivered. Suddenly the forest seemed a cold and lonely place. A place cut off from everywhere else—from all safety.

He brushed a crumpled leaf out of his bandanna and wiped at the smears of mud on his armor with scarcely a light graze. A tedious throb pulsed through his body and a sharp sting told him he had received some scrapes from rocks on the rough ground.

“It's Domino, right?”

Domino blinked in surprised. The zetraloid—someone his father knew from work—was talking to him now, “Are you okay? Gosh, you look like you've done gone 'n been dragged through a berry bush n' back.”

Near mechanically, Domino looked to his father. His eyes still seemed just as cold and distant.

“I-I'm fine.”

“Huh.”

“I done told him, he'd better well be more careful.”

“Kids will be kids.” Splotch's coworker shook his head in amusement, “Well we best get a move on—don't wanna be late.”

“'Course. Domino, you keep up now, ya hear?”

Domino nodded his head and followed after in silence. Small insects scurried out of the way as they trampled along the dirt path hardened by the repetitive routine.

At last they reached their destination. A handful of other zetraloids were already gathered around on stumps in a small clearing. Judging by the faint scent lingering in the air, they had doughnuts.

At once, Domino recalled the lack of breakfast with the tempting aroma of maple and chocolate-- yes, chocolate especially.

Splotch joined the others, sitting on an old log along with a few others. Unsure of what else to do, Domino pulled himself onto the log beside his father. The group rambled on with what Domino assumed must be jokes as they laughed and occasionally snatched up another doughnut.

He watched the remainder on the plate, imagining how the moist treat would flake apart. Its chocolaty frosting, coat his mouth and bring with it the rich flavor to gush out. His tongue swirled against the walls of his mouth. Such delicious food, just beyond reach.

At last his father and the others rose to set about their job. They 'fell' trees—that's what they said anyway. Loggers of such.

“You stay 'ere, ya got that?”

Domino blinked and turned to face his father. The zetraloid was pulling his gloves on.

“Yes, Sir...um...” Domino kicked his feet against the log as he gazed down at the hard ground, “Can I ask a question?”

“Hurry it up; I've got work to do.”

“Can...can I have a doughnut?”

“All you ever think about is your gosh darn stomach! No!” Splotch had already began walking after the others, “It'll do ya some good goin' with no food for a bit.”

Domino sighed and watched as his father fell in pace behind the others. All trod down another well worn pathway that lead deeper into the forest—beyond what he could see.

Soon the whir of machinery roared to life. Smog billowed high above the tallest trees. The ground vibrated from the heavy equipment and every so often he would hear someone shout to another. After what seemed forever, a deafening snap would echo back--the kind of thick, wet, snap that made one know a broken bone was in bad shape. He assumed the same could be said for the state of the tree.

Domino leaned back on the log and gazed at the sky above. By now, the sun had come out although it was hidden behind a thick blanket of clouds.

“Hmm...” Reaching into a fold of his bandanna closest to his neck, he pulled out the green toy snake. “What'da ya think, Snakey? Wanna see the clouds?” He held his toy up towards the sky, clasped with care between his black tipped fingers.

After a few moments, he scooted off the log and knelt beside it, pulling his toy across in a slithering motion. He set a pile of pine needles, brown and crisp, in front of the snake.

“Sss...someone blocked my way. I'll show them!” He flung the snake through the pile and cheered the toy on, “Go, Snakey! Save the world!”

Snatching up the snake again, he spun in a circle, making swooping noises for his toy snake that could now, apparently fly.

“There's no room to land!” He called out then covered his mouth to muffle sound, “Snakey to airplane place, I'll be fine, over, kch. Coming in for landing. Kch Kch.” He let go of the snake, sending it swirling through the sky. It landed upside down on a rock.

Domino didn't hesitate to pounce on it. He pushed the snake off and eyed up the rock before planting his hands spread firm on it and then kicked out, pulling his legs up until he was in proper handstand position.

“Ta'da!”

Letting his feet fall down once more, he hopped up and brushed his hands against each other.

“It's the amazin' Domino! Live today only!!”

He grabbed Snakey from the ground and laughed as he tossed the toy into the sky once more, but this time it flew over the small ledge where he had been playing.

“Snakey!”

Domino hurried to the edge of the clearing, sloping down was thick brush. It's slender but bountiful branches stuck out every direction, and far within it lay his snake. He walked around the giant clump but found no easier entrance.

“We never leave a snake behind! But it's too dangerous!” He played with a small stick as he narrated his adventure, “Don't worry!”

He flung the stick at the fortress holding his snake hostage only to have it rattle against the mass and pelt him with sharp twigs. He blinked and shook them off before stepping forward to challenge the enemy.

“Give me my snake back, you stupid twig!”

Of course the 'twig' had no change of heart, forcing him to confront it even further. He pulled one of the branches back and reached for the toy but it was still beyond his grasp. Giving up on reaching Snakey, he attempted to disassemble the mass. He grabbed the rough branch with both hands and tugged, promptly falling back as the branch dislodged.

“Take that, branch!” He jumped up and down on the thin little branch before going after the next.

After about three more, he grew tired of freeing his snake and skittered around the patch. Hopping the remainder of the way atop crunchy leaves, he found himself at another divide of the creek by the bridge.

It chattered industriously as the water tumbled over and around smooth stones. Small fish wiggled below the surface of the clear water as well as a few small plants. Domino stretched his arm out and plunged it beneath the water after a fish. Instead of a fish though, he caught a pile of pebbles. Releasing his catch, he pounced into the cold water and splashed about in its shallow depths. It was hardly to his waist if he stood and only three hop lengths to the small island in the center. It was even shorter from the other side where a small, mossy, log formed a bridge.

The sun had drifted behind the towering pines by now and the water was basked in rippling shadows. With darkness creeping in, the water's temperature had dropped drastically. Domino crept out and sat huddled up on the bank as droplets of water ran to the tip of his nose and dripped off.

Remembering his snake, he hurried back to its location and tried squeezing beneath a few of the branches. To his alarm, he got stuck halfway. Squirming, he tried to free himself but did nothing more than scratch his armor—his father would be furious.

In the distance, Snakey lay beneath a tangle of branches. He stretched his arm out once more, finally reaching his snake.

“Snakey!” He tucked the toy in his bandanna and attempted crawling through the way Snakey had gone but to no success.

After a few more attempts, he sighed and pulled out the snake again. His mouth stretched wide in a yawn as he clumped the snake up like a pillow and rested his head on it. He meant only to wait, but tiredness took over and he was soon fast asleep.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 am

Aw...I looked through my dance book and they don't have the Flipside dance. D= Maybe if I call and complain I can get a refund and a few coupons. ANYWAY on to chapter...four? You mean the greatness I've been reading all along has been condensed into but three chapters?! How is this possible? =O That much awesome could never fit into such a small space. Ah..rant. Why does't thou keepeth me from reading the devine beauty above? xDD Okay on to reading. Very Happy

Oh geez. What a wake up. xD Surprise! The dreaded trip is here. =D Snakey is in danger Domino dun bring him. @_@ No breakfast either...I'm not one who usually gets breakfast in the morning but I'm in the minority....unless there are donuts. Poor lil Domino. =( Sorry dun make no money...indeed. Nice job that was goooood. xD Poor Domino is enjoying the well described scenery and his fathah is just in a rush. CAUGHT YOU LEAF. >=D
Aw geez..the dreaded walk of shame. ._. Yep, a smack. How nice. STOP BEATING DOMINO YOU JERK!!! D= Geez. He doesn't deserve to be kicked and stuff..especially from his own father. ._. Yeah now be all nice. >_> This is a sad story. =( Lying mean father...I guess he does go to work to support his family so he must care somewhat...and he's probably mad at Domino because he was worried about him but still..it's not fair and this saddened feeling will not go away. Maybe if I take the Splotch approach I can beat it and it'll leave.

HA HA HA!! They do have donuts!!! Very Happy Rockin'. xD Wow I never use that term. Poor guy. Hungry, no donut. =\ Innocent playing with Snakey. Wow that is SO easy to imagine. @_@ Snakey can fllly. =D xDD Amazin' Domino! xDD He is so innocent now something bad is bound to happen. xD Small attention span eh? xDD MUST SAVE SNAKEY. No...no...NOT SLEEP. No...he's going to be in serious trouble. >_< Oh geez.

Very well written, I think this is mah favorite story of the ones you've written so far. xD I'm not exactly sure why, but it is very entertaining. =P Thanks ya much for posting. Very Happy

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 am

Random Brad rant FTW =D
with elegant wording XPP
Surprise indeed....Snakey in danger lol XDD

Olol donuts just like the brad thought XDD
It was good eh? XD
Poor Domino is enjoying scenery..? Oh while father is rushing, lol yes. Domino is a good leaf catcher =P Yes the dreaded walk of shame XPPP
A smack how nice XDD then Brad gets more frantic. And no he does not ._.
Brad was all happy then it s a sad story lol XDD
Let us not resort to Splotch methods lol/

No doughnut =C
And yes innocent playing XDD Glad you can imagine it =3
Something bad bound to happen XDD yes he did get easily side tracked.

Not sleep XDDDDDD

Really? Interesting =P I've had fun writing it so far. XP

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 am

FYI this chapter I’m trying another ol technique I’ve been learning. The importance of short sentences to move action. To make interesting. Short. To the point. Action. Like in action ya know? Nevermind lol, you’ll see.

Chapter Five

Domino followed his father in solemn silence, with head down and helmet fins drooping. The entire walk home had consisted of Splotch yelling about how he hadn’t stayed where told to and made them waste precious daylight in searching for him. Now they were heading to the rabbits. He cast a wishful glance at their house in the distance as they reached the barn, but knew they wouldn’t be going there until finished. He probably didn’t deserve dinner anyway. Today hadn’t been his best display of obedience.

He stumbled as his father shoved a bucket into his arms. After tottering back and forth for a few moments, he steadied out and followed. Rabbit feed. It undeniably smelled strange, like an assortment of grass and crushed leaves. The pellets were dusty, yet they looked somewhat edible. He blinked as he gazed up at the hutches containing the furry creatures. They wouldn’t miss a few of these strange pellets. He shoved a handful into his mouth and tried crunching them up.

“Domino!”

He turned to his father.

“What're you doin'?”

Splotch snatched the bucket of feed from him and took it upon himself to feed the rabbits.

Domino grimaced as the scratchy pellets caught in his throat. How could the rabbits eat such things? Did they constantly choke as well? He took another strained gulp, only to feel the trapped food stop up his throat like a plug. He tried calling for help but no sound was made and instead resorted to hopping from foot to foot and pushing on his neck.

After feeding the last rabbit on the row, Splotch turned and noticed him. Abandoning the bucket, he rushed to his son, flipped him upside down and shook him. Domino coughed the pellets up and gasped as his father set him down. Maybe rabbit feed wasn’t such a good choice for a replacement meal.

Splotch scrutinized him, but was just as soon distracted by a voice outside of the rabbit barn. He headed for the door but stopped short, gaze drifting to Domino. The little zetraloid fidgeted.
“I can wait…”

“Like you did earlier today?” He reached for his son and plucked him from his place before looking for a suitable location to leave him. The barn was bare of anything of real use for such a purpose. A lone rake leaned against the back wall while a hoard of cobwebs entangled the ceiling. Aside from a few other tools, the only things there were the rabbit hutches. The rabbit hutches, of course. He cast a glance at the little zetraloid and unlatched one of the doors.

“Just stay here.” Splotch plopped him inside and latched it closed, “I’ll be right back.”

“But—”

His father had already gone.

Domino hunched himself over so he wouldn’t get caught in the wiring. He’d hate to be the rabbits that had to stay in these tiny box-like homes all their lives. Wrapping his arms around his knees, he gazed at the rabbit munching the pellets it had been given. Its red and pink eyes were eerie in contrast to its white fur. Maybe it was a monster rabbit. He shook his head. That was a ridiculous idea…wasn’t it?

He tried focusing on his father’s voice beyond the doors. He could hear both of them—his father and his visitor that was. His helmet fins drooped once more. If he hadn’t run off earlier maybe his father wouldn’t be angry—or if he hadn’t hid the other night by the apple tree. Would his father ever forgive him now? Why couldn’t they get along like his sisters did?

He couldn’t remember doing anything to start this. He’d always wanted to have the same relationship, but his father only ever accused him of his downfalls. He was useless—that’s what his father said—and spent too much time worrying about having fun when he could be working or making himself useful. Was it so wrong to have fun though? He couldn’t understand why it would be.

The light streaks that once slit through the wall boards had dimmed black. His father’s definition of being right back had dragged on to far more than that. Straining his transmitters, he tried to pick up his father’s voice again, but heard only the chirp of crickets. Had he been forgotten?

Domino smacked his head on the top as he tried getting to the latch, causing the monster rabbit to rattle the hutch as it hopped from its spot. He flopped down, catching the beast with his foot. It squealed in terror and darted all the more frantic.

“Don’t eat me!”

His efforts were in vain as the creature ran over the top of him in its circular pattern. He scrambled to the door and shoved himself against it.

“Dad!”

No response. He tried reaching the latch through the wiring but found the space too small to fit his hand through. The rabbit hopped towards him. He pushed himself against the door even harder, until his shoulders were bunched up by his neck.

With a sudden lurch, the door burst open. He tumbled out, landing square on his back. The rabbit was peering over its hutch opening, nose twitching, as Domino propped himself up and blinked. That had been unexpected. He sneezed and glanced up.

The rabbit’s furry body dared edge closer and closer. He leaped to his feet and reached for the door, but the rabbit scurried in a blizzard of white fur and plopped to the ground. It fled with ease to a hole in the wood and squeezed its body through.

“No, wait!” Domino called after it.

He dashed to the door and bounced up to hit its latch before hanging on as it drifted open with a creak. His feet kicked with spry urgency before he let go and landed just outside. The sky dazzled with stars and a full moon bathed the ground in blue light. His father had forgotten about him!

The rabbit hopped by in front of him and nibbled at a stalk of grass. Attention refocused, he crept forward with slow and steady steps as not to alarm the creature. Its ears perked up as its head swiveled towards him. He stopped. Its eyes looked straight to him, causing him to sigh. He knew what was to follow. The white creature fled.

“No!”

He had to catch the rabbit. His father would be even angrier at him if he found out. It might diminish his hopes of making amends all together. Ice churned in his belly as he slid to a stop and panted. Before him, low shrubs and bushes lay in the shadows of pines. The rabbit was gone.

He crept towards the bushes and did his best to search around them. No rabbit. His helmet fins drooped at the reconfirming fact. It was gone. But he couldn’t go back empty handed, could he? Maybe he could find a wild rabbit. No, that wouldn’t work; they looked nothing like the white rabbits his father raised.

He fumbled over to a rock and sat down. It had to be somewhere around here. Rabbits didn’t vanish after all—not unless they were the ones on magic shows. So that meant it had to be around. Maybe he could wait for it—it was evident no one at the house was missing him.

The night was silent. No owls, the chirp of crickets had died away leaving only the whispers of gentle breeze. He rubbed his hand over the domino attached to his arm and peered out at the darkened shadows lapping at the ground. Surely the rabbit would turn up soon. Wasn’t it cold? He was.

What started as minutes stretched on. Domino yawned and huddled himself up tighter on the small rock. It was as cold and lonely as the relationship he had with his father. Maybe that could be his motivation—the motivation for changing it. That was what would compel him to keep trying. To catch that rabbit…to stay awake. He blinked his eyes and sat up straighter, only to slump back down. Before long his eyes closed and breathing slowed to a dull, rhythmatic beat.

A high-pitched squeal broke the sleep of night. Domino tumbled backwards off the rock as a series of longer, pained squeals erupted. Scrambling back, he fled up the hillside into the open space, eyes wide as his head lashed from side to side, checking that nothing had followed. The squeals died away with a final, weary cry. Breeze tugged at his bandanna as he shivered.

The rabbit. Those squeals. No doubt the white furred creature had become another’s dinner. He felt his face heat up, despite the icy chill, as a few tears streaked his face. He had ruined it. Any chance he had of capturing it. Any chance of fixing his mistake. Any chance of pleasing his father. Everything. Eyes now streaming with tears, he charged off towards their house, stumbling over his own feet.

Last edited by Mega10 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 am

Ahhh new technique. Alrighty. Very Happy
Oh yeah. >_> I started this chapter happy ya know? Well now you do. So anyway I just remembered how mean his father was in that one chapter and I am mad at him now. Eh por Domino. >_> He thinks it's his fault. xD You know, so many odd coincidental things happen that parents don't seem to believe the youngin's until they are much older. >_> Poor Domino.

AHA HA HA HA HA!!! He ate some rabbit feed. xDD DOMINO WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU LITTLE FREAK OMG THIS STUFFS IS FOR THE RABBITS YOU ALMOST MADE THEM STARVE THEN I WOULD BE SAD AND YOU WOULD SUFFER GREATLY EVEN WHEN YOU MOVE OUT WHAT THE HECK DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING. *ends with a period*

Heeeeey. =. Splotch does seem to care. He rushed over to save his poor curious son. Hmmm he may not be so bad after all. I'm guessing you can't do the heimlich (sp?) on a zetra? xDD Instead you gotta flip em' and shake em'. I bet humans don't save many of them from choking. ._.

He's going to impale him to the wall with the rake. @_@ Oh...a rabbit hutch? Really? Nooooo... poor Domino. Five virtual cents says Splotch forgets about Domino. xD Hey how can virtual cents talk anyway? Maybe I need some unvirtual sense. HA. Back to the story. >_> Poor Domino is all depressed and wondery. Even though his Dad just needs more patience. >=. Yeeeeah he forgot. =( Or is super busy and puts his work over his son's happiness......coukd be either I suppose. xD

"Don't eat me!" xDD He's scared of the rabbit. Hmmm he got out. Didn't expect success did he? Uh oh he let a rabbit out. =. I wonder how observant Splotch is or how priceless the rabbits are to him. Maybe he could find a wild rabbit. xDD Yeah he can't even catch a domesticated one how about a wild one? =D

No Domino don't fall asleep. D= Wow he falls asleep a lot. xDD Aw the poor kid. Rabbit eaten, now he's sad, got a dad sure to be mad. ._. I don't envy him. The chapter was very well written though and you're doing a great job making everything so convincing. @_@ Thanks for a postin'. =D

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 am

XDDDDD Brad remembers these facts ololol. well to the best of my knowledge he retrains from kicking anyine,. Unless he gets violent witht he guy outside. XDD
Haha XDD true enough. .,. Oh my what a conversation OLOLOLOL XDDD
That or just dun know what he's doing XDDDD

Oh wow I never thought of that lol 0_o I hope not. XD Humans don't save many zetras? or other humans? XD and um most zetras don't get choked on rabbit feed >_> Just sayin. XD
OLOL virtual cents indeed. I dun think son's happiness is anywhere on the chart. XD
Domino fails at logic XDDDD
Yes he does >_> Lazy kid. His SLEEPING is like what gets him in trouble XDDD
Welcome =3 and I hope so XD I'm taking forever revising them to their fullest n stuff XD trying to get the emotions out right n stuff too XD

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 am

Humans don't save many zetras. xD Sorry I wasn't clear. Because it seems like zetras are kind heavy and stuff and, believe it or not, as a human I can see how we would be not to helpful in such a situation. xD Well you are doing a fantastic job whatever you're doing...the story is great.

Thanks for the comment comment! =P

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:35 am

XDDD True enough |D XDD

and thank you XD

aOh and you're welcome =P

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

After a bazillion years I managed to get over my emo self enough ti post something. I don't garuntee its as good cuz well I'm out of practice for way too long.

Flipside Chapter Six

Domino had crawled into his bed by early morning, sobbing on his pillow until he’d fallen asleep. Now he’d awoke, still sleepy from the night before and glanced around before recalling the rabbit. Had it all been a dream? He shook his head. No, it hadn’t. Today was Sunday—his father didn’t work Sundays, which meant he got up later.

He was bound to discover the missing rabbit soon. Maybe he’d just be glad he had escaped? No. He shook his head again. How would he explain? What would happen? He felt tears forming in his eyes once more as dread tore at his core.

His door opened as his two sisters burst into the room. They stopped abruptly.

“Domino? What’s wrong??”

“Did’ja get hurt?” Speckle was already by his side, gazing at him up close.

Before he could answer, he heard the front door slammed against the wall.

“Domino!!” His father’s words rang through the house and Domino cringed, not meeting his sisters’ confused gazes as he pulled his blanket and pillow over his head.

His father stomped down the hall, stopping only to push the door open all the way. He knocked over a stack of books in the process and moved briskly to Domino’s bed. His sisters fled as their father tore back the blanket and jerked Domino out by an arm. Domino didn’t dare make a noise though as his father marched silently out of the room, dragging him along.

He could barely keep up with the brisk pace as his father held his arm captive. Tripping over a towel that had been left on the floor, he twisted his arm painfully. His father took no regard and proceeded to pass his mother whom had emerged from her room with a worried frown.

Domino’s core raced as they neared the barn. He knew exactly what they would find—or wouldn’t, more like it. His father hadn’t mentioned anything about having left him here last night and he had a feeling it was intentional.

He glanced up to see the empty hutch, and then to his father. The zetraloid’s glare told him all he needed to know.

“I-it was an accident.”

“You know better than to open the hutches at all.”

Domino fell silent as he watched his own feet, unwilling to look into his father’s icy eyes. It wasn’t like he would listen anyway. The best he could hope for was minimum trouble now. He had no real way to defend himself against any claim his father made. Even if he did, what good would it really do?

“You know better than this!” His father repeated and slammed his hand down on the little empty hutch.

Domino flinched.

“Y-yes, Sir.”

“Then why, so help me, why, did you do it?”

What was he to answer? If he admitted the creature had frightened him, his father would be even more furious. If he chose to say because he had simply wanted to, it would save him from additional anger, but also be a lie. Was there any other option though? It wasn’t like his father didn’t know the real reason to begin with.

He twiddled his thumbs together, mind reeling for an answer when his father lashed out with one hand. Domino shook his head and frowned as he reached to rub his face. It stung, but that was to be expected. What he hadn’t expected was the boiling frustration he felt flushing his face. Still, he managed to hold back a retort and flattened his helmet fins instead.

“I can’t trust you to do anything.”

“I….I tried finding the rabbit, Dad.”

He stumbled back as his father swung around and hit him with his elbow in the process, “It wouldn’t be gone if it weren’t for you!”

Domino blinked and rubbed his jaw as he gazed up at his father. Didn’t he love him at all? Was he really only a liability? His father was in a blind fury it seemed as he grabbed the handle of a broken shovel and swung it at him. He took a few steps back to avoid being hit.

“Get over here!”

Domino’s helmet fins twitched in surprise, “But dad— ”

His father didn’t let him finish as he grabbed the little zetraloid by one helmet fin and yanked him up.

“Ow!” Domino squeaked as he tried pushing his father’s hand away to no avail.

With disregard to Domino’s complaint, Splotch smacked him with the handle multiple times before it splintered and broke. With a grumble, he tossed it aside and searched for a new tool to use, at last settling for a small, garden spade.

“I’m sorry!” Domino exclaimed, but Splotch took no note of it as he lifted the little zetraloid off the ground once more and began striking him with his new tool.

Domino reached out helplessly, in no position to succeed in getting free. He didn’t dare cry out though. To do so would provoke a response from his father far more fearsome than this.

“When are ya ever gonna learn to do anything right?”

Domino cringed, but didn’t answer his father’s question. His mind was far too sidetracked to attempt such a feat. His helmet fins braced against his head as he tried blocking out the pain. It wasn’t that bad after awhile. He knew if his father continued on long enough it’d become dull—an almost distant feeling. He didn’t mind the numbness so much.

At last his father stopped. Domino’s helmet fins slowly rose as he cast an uncertain glance to his father. The zetraloid hardly looked back at him as he set him down. Domino didn’t move, rather gazing to the side as he waited for some kind of signal that he was allowed to go.

Splotch sighed as he set the spade down; one corner of it had a bright blue substance staining the hardened soil stuck on it. Domino frowned, and ran his hand over his own shoulder. Much as he had expected, he felt the cooling trail of plasma trickling from a small gash. His attention returned to his father though.

“I…I really did try findin’ it…”

Splotch paid no attention to him. Rather stepping around him and leaving without a single word. It never ended that way for kids on t.v. When they apologized, their parents loved them again. Why didn’t that work for his own father?

Domino watched as his father headed down the path leading to their neighbors. Why? He wasn’t entirely sure. Probably to argue over something. Guilt jerked at his throat as he left the rabbit barn and headed back down the path to their house. He hoped his father wouldn’t be angry still when he returned—it was just a stupid rabbit.

As he neared their house, he spotted his sisters heading down towards the creek with baskets. They both stopped upon seeing him and waited for him to catch up.

“Hey Domino!”

“What was the big upset?”

“Nothin’” He flicked his helmet fins to dismiss it, “Dad was just upset again.”

“I’m sure you had nothin’ to do with it, right?”

Despite all that had happened, Domino couldn’t help but grin as Speckle hugged him.

“Wanna come pick blackberries with us??”

“Sure!”

He followed after his two sisters as they dashed along the path. They tromped down the side of the hill, and across prickly sticks and twigs until they came to a stop beside the little creek that trickled through their property.

The sun had risen by now and glistened off the water crisscrossed by the shade of skeleton-like branches. The gentle churn of the little waterfall downstream was masked by the buzz of dragonflies and the croak of frogs. Blackberry bushes trailed from the rocky ground, tendrils dipping into the water at places.

“It smells so good down here!” Speckle announced, taking in a deep whiff.

“You think anything with food is heaven!” Smudge giggled.

“Oh shush! Don’t you think it smells good, Dom?”

Domino breathed in deep and sneezed, “Smells like water!”

“You’re even more stupid than Speckle!”

Domino shrugged and stepped in the shallow water, glancing around. Birds chirped above and ruffled their feathers out while a frog launched itself into the water with a plunk. He made his way to the other side, taking care not to slip on the slimy rocks hidden beneath the water’s surface. Blackberry bush branches stretched out in front in tangled masses.

Up until now, he had forgotten all about being hungry. He reached for one of the plump blackberries and plucked it free before plopping it onto his tongue and munching contently. Swiping his tongue around his mouth, he reached for another and gobbled it up. He spied another flourishing branch above and stretched, snagging five more berries and munching once more.

His sisters were busy on the other side, giggling and tossing their berries into the baskets. Domino smiled. It was peaceful without his father around and he could have fun with his sisters without a care in the world.

After collecting more of the scrumptious berries, he sat on a rock surrounded by the shallow waters and watched leaves swirl down its pathway.

“Domino!” Speckle’s scolding tone broke his thoughts, “You big dumby!”

“What?” Domino asked, licking at the purple stains on his hands.

“We’re collecting them! We can’t do that if ya eat ‘um all!”

“My stomach’s not that big.” He answered as he proceeded with eating berries, “There’s plenty!”

“Until you eat ‘um all!”

“But I’m hungry…”

Speckle skipped to the water’s edge. “Don’t make me come out there!”

Domino grinned, holding out a berry and licking it slowly before plopping it into his mouth. Speckle smirked and launched herself into the water, splashing Domino.

“Hey!”

He splashed her back and before long, the two were rolling in its shallow depths. Smudge watched from a distance, not at all wanting to get wet and muddy like her crazy siblings.

She put her hands on her hips, “You’ve done gone and lost your minds!” The comment went unnoticed.

Domino slipped from his sister’s grasp and pulled her over. The two tumbled head over heels off of a small drop in the creek. The pool of water below was much deeper. Speckle gasped in surprise as she used Domino’s head as a platform to escape with. Domino laughed before his head was shoved underwater. He resurfaced quickly, shaking his head as he followed. He hopped atop a rock and shook his head again, sprinkling water droplets on the vibrant leaves around him. If only it could be like this all the time.

“Hey, come and help us!” Speckle called to him again, she had returned to picking berries.

He nodded and scurried over to her before helping. They were tasty little things. Blackberry pie. Blackberry jam. Blackberries and ice cream—they had tons of uses. All of which, he approved of.

Once the baskets were full, they skipped back up the trail, pausing a time or two to point out a colorful flower or fluttering butterfly. Although he didn’t see the appeal of the specified creatures, he followed along with enthusiastic responses.

When they reached the top, they paused before taking a different path home—across the old log by the broken down fence. The one with weeds that reached to his nose. Why they chose this path was agreed upon by all. It was simply more fun.

“Bet’cha can’t hop this far!” Speckle called out.

Smudge tried, but fell short. Speckle giggled and pointed at her while she tried to recover with grace. Domino was next, running to the end of the log and leaping. His feet met the earth and with satisfaction, he noted that he had made it further.

“Lucky!” Speckle tossed an acorn at him.

“Not luck.” Domino hopped to the side to avoid the acorn, “Skill.”

“Oh yeah?” She set her basket down and lept at him.

He dashed to the side. She tripped over a rock and caught his leg, pulling him with her.

“Oof!”

Domino’s nose wrinkled as one of the weeds’ fluffy, seeded, tips tickled his nose. Speckle hopped up and laughed.

“Ha! How’s that fer skill!”

Domino shook his head, sprinkling dandelion fluff every direction as he got up. He was just about to pounce on his sister when their mother’s voice echoed from far downhill. Speckle rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Come on, we better get these back home ‘for mom comes lookin’ for us.”

Domino nodded, brushing the dried grass from his bandanna as he followed along. A cold breeze swooped down on him as he rushed down the hillside—more frigid than the typical autumn air. Winter would be on its way soon. He loved winter, but neither he nor anyone else knew just what this winter had in store for them.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 pm

First of all, I cannot wait to get reading. Very Happy Flipside is thus far my favorite story of yours AND I haven't had any new Ten story reading material in so long. Very Happy So I am quite excited. Sorry for not commenting last night, I was busy and super tired. ._.

Chapter 6! Yay! Ah yes, the rabbit got out. How could I have forgotten? Uh-oh, impending doom. 0.0 That's never fun to look forward to! xD yay caring sisters. =P Uh oh....Splotch is mad. Blankets might keep monsters away, but not fathers Dom. =\ Aw poor Domino. =( Too bad his Mom can't intervene. A trip. =. Annnnd a hurt arm, of course.

Poor Domino, I can imagine that very easily. =. Tis authentic. xD Slammed hand!!! Oh phew, it was on the hutch. Domino can't be too far behind though, especially since the hutch seems to rank higher in importance than Domino. >=. Cept he did slam his hand on it I guess, but he treats Domino badly though so. BLAH. I dunno where I was going with that. Of course, there is no right answer. Never seems to be for Domino. D=

Domino is feeling rebellious eh? =. This can be bad for him, but exciting for reeeeeaders! =D Poor Domino. =( His Dad is mean, it's a rabbit geez. >=. Yanking him up by one fin? D= Not cool. Geez, kind of an extreme beating. 0.0 I can see how his father would think he is really stupid and stuff, as he doesn't get the inside story like me, but still. Wow. =. I'm surprised at how well Domino took the beating. ._. Ohhh...he talked to his Dad. =. Not what I would have chosen to do I don't think. TELEVISION LIED. D= Indeed Domino, too bad it doesn't work the same. =\

At least he can have some comfort in the fact his sisters are nice. Go Domino, go pick berries. =D ENJOY LIFE YOUNG ONE. >_> Very descriptive heading to the berry spot. =. Smells like water. xDD Nice response.

"Domino shrugged and stepped in the shallow water, glancing around. Birds chirped above and ruffled their feathers out while a frog launched itself into the water with a plunk. Domino glanced at his shoulder, it still stung a little from the beating and it was still leaking plasma. He brushed some off his arm, it landed in the stream oddly discoloring the water. He looked at the patterns it made as it dissipated. Without warning, a zetra SHARK (OH NOES), having smelled the plasma in the water, somehow jumped out of the shallow stream under Domino, devouring him in one bite." How sad. D=

Berries. =. Nutrition for the wounded is good. xD Taunting his sister. xDD Smudge is much more sophisticated I see. xD “You’ve done gone and lost your minds!” Eh...maybe not.

Domino is having much fun. =. That is kinda sad. xD Not that he's having fun, but that he wishes he could all the time for good reasons. He approves of all blackberry uses. =D Good for him. *replaces blackberries with the blackberry phone I've head about* Now lets see if he approves. =)

Not luck, skill. xD More impending doom, cept not for Domino, but the readers this time. THANKS. >=( xDD *knows some stuff cause you told me*

Alright Ten, this was a great return to writing. It didn't feel different at all, and if it was different, I didn't notice cause it's been a while. >_> xD ANYWAY, I still felt sadness for Domino a lot because you do a great job making everything seem to authentic and happenable. Yeah I was at a loss for word. >=. Thank you VERY much for posting it, I had a great time reading it and the writing was truly superb. =P

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Yessss poor Brad has had no Ten reading material.

Blankets do not keep fathers away no, no they do not. XD I wonder if he's ever tried that with Wrath =U XDD He's a monster =D A trip makes it sound like Dom's going on vacation XP Silly Brad's random outburst about hand. Yes .,. the hutch indeed does rank higher than Domino apparently. I guess his dad was mad at hutch and Dom XDDDD Splotch slammed his own hand down on it in a fit of very adult like anger=P
Lol c: Yes Domino did feel rebellious XPPP Yes his father is an insane person =U .....zetra. Zetra person. Olol XDD Silly Brad and Domino do not share the same mind c: Yes, TV LIED to poor Dom. Evil thing.

XDD Enjoy life XPP Olololol slight change in story there Brad XDD She only is sometimes apparently. And to think she's usually the one correcting everyone's grammar.

=D indeed! I rarely foreshadow but I did here because I didn't know how to end it XPPP

Glad you enjoyed it and yes, well for authenticity I have to think about it for awhile. Er imagine it ya know. Think of what ti'd feel like, the different thoughts one has, the different gestures one makes, all that good stuff, to figure out how to relay the scene. Glad I didn't completley lose the touch =P

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 am

"Splotch slammed his own hand down on it in a fit of very adult like anger=P" indeed. xD She's usually the one correcting others' grammar? xDD Wow.

Yeah, I think the authenticity as I keep putting it is difficult to pull off. I can see how that stuff can take a long time. =. Thanks for the reply. =P

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:17 pm

XDD I should've wrote that XDD that it was in very adult like anger XDDDD

You're welcome for the reply but I should b e thanking not you.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:34 am

Flipside Chapter Seven

Another day at work. Domino yawned and stretched his stubby fingers before curling them around Snakey’s plush body. Eyes glazed in sleep, his head bobbed forward. A deafening growl came from the machine down the hill. He leapt from his spot, before hurrying to regain his composure as his father walked by. His father had chosen to bring him all the way this time—to prevent him from getting in trouble. He’d already been warned about the consequences he would face if he disobeyed.
His father was in an especially cheerless mood today, granted he wasn’t cheerful any day. It was a shame not to be cheery with Christmas so near.

Everything was right. A dazzling sheet of powdery snow, frozen creeks, pines peaking beneath the white dust. It definitely shown of Christmas. They would decorate their own Christmas tree soon. He was confident. It had sat outside for two days already in order for the bugs to crawl out and find new homes and a winter storm was scheduled to blow in soon so their father would want it situated before then.

A frigid breeze spattered him with snow. He shook his head and shook out his bandanna as well. It was cold today; maybe he should’ve brought a jacket. Glancing down the slope, he noticed his father and the others struggling to secure their footing by a tall pine. The snow had turned to a sloshing mud.

It wasn’t ideal logging weather at all, but it wasn’t against safety regulations for a zetraloid to try anyway—at least he didn’t think it was. An echoing holler pierced all the noise as the zetraloids tried to roll the log to its side. It was almost pointless. They couldn’t send them down any waterway here. The creek was too small—and frozen.

Frozen. Ice skating. Ice skating was fun, or so it looked on T.V. He betted he could do it, but no, he’d be in trouble if he left his spot. He tossed Snakey into the air and caught his green companion before pressing it into the snow to make an imprint.

Domino had big plans for today. He would build snowmen. They could battle against the snow blobs. Then he’d have a snowball fight. Speckle would never see it coming!

“Domino!”

Domino blinked and shook himself back to reality. His father was calling him from down the hill. He hopped through the mounds of snow until he was close enough to see and hear his father distinctly.

Splotch was covered in mud from helmet fins to feet, which must have been buried in the muck, and was grumbling at the tree as well by the looks of it.

“Bring me the chain!”

“What chain?” Domino struggled to make his voice loud enough to be heard.

“The only one up there!”

“Oh.” It was more to himself than anything.

Just as his father had said, there was a chain wrapped around the stump they had set their other supplies on. Around and around he hopped until the chain was free. He walked back to the slope and eyed up a bare strip of mud. A grin spread across his face as he charged forward and let himself slip down it. Of course this made the chain mud laden as well. He smiled as he offered it to his father.

Splotch held out his hand without bothering to look at its condition. It was unlikely to matter anyway, everything was covered in mud. Domino made faces at the mud sticking to his feet as he stomped down on it.

“Stay out of the way!” Splotch growled as he shoved Domino back before the log crushed him.

“Sorry.” He muttered, but couldn’t even hear his own words over the buzz of chainsaws and clank, clank, clank of their lever machine. He shook a plop of mud that had found its way onto his armor off and headed to the creek side.

His father said nothing on the matter although he was sure he could see. That made it okay, right? He was out of the way after all, and if they needed his help then he would hear them better from here.

He sat on a rock by the frozen water’s edge. It had been covered in a thin layer of fluffy snow. Beneath the ice, bubbles of oxygen collected. He tapped on the ice. Nothing happened. A loud shout drew his attention away. His father was flailing his arms in gestures unseen by Domino before. The focal point of his odd behavior was none other than a zetraloid he’d heard called Crag. It seemed as though the gestures offended him as he pointed and argued back. Boring.

Domino returned to inspecting the creek. Was it hard enough to walk on? He tapped it with his foot. It felt solid and it didn’t show any sign of being insufficient. Holding the rock with his fingertips, he stretched himself out to test it with both feet. Near instantly he slipped and hit his knees on it with all his weight, but nothing happened.

He felt it with an outstretched hand. It was almost like a rock. A very cold rock. Making his way back to solid ground, he cast another glance at his father before taking a running leap at the iced creek. Everything turned to a whitish whir as he swung in circles, further and further out onto the ice, stopping in the center. Laughing, he tried to stand, only to have his legs sprawl out once more. Snaky slipped from its place and plopped onto the ice.

“You don’t skate very gooder.” Domino informed it as he tied the toy to his bandanna.

He began pulling himself off the ice so that he could take another run at it. It wasn’t easy, but eventually he wormed his way back to the snow laden ground.

“Havin’ fun?”

That was Snakebite. Domino’s sisters often spoke of rumors about how the zetraloid had gotten his name. They liked to claim he tore a snake in two with his teeth, but Domino suspected it had something to do with his two curved fangs. In fact, he was almost frightening if one didn’t know him.

One eye was yellow while the other was red and he had armor that resembled overlapping scales. Not to mention it was striped in shades of brown, tan and black much like a rattlesnake and even had a long, snake-like tail. Despite appearance, Snakebite was one of the nicest zetraloids Domino knew. Granted that number was small, but nevertheless he ranked high on the list.

“Lot’s a fun!” Domino chimed in reply as he leapt up on a rock.

Snakebite’s attention shifted at the vreer of another chainsaw. The zetraloid, Crag had ventured further along the creek and was tackling a different tree alone.

He sighed as he leaned against a stump, “Crazy fool.” His helmet fins twitched as a pile of snow plopped on his head, “Well, I gotta get back to work. Stay out’a trouble.”

He returned to Splotch and the others.

Domino shrugged before glancing at Crag. Why was he working alone? Maybe it had something to do with his father’s previous conversation. He scurried along the snow covered slope, tumbling back down a time or two before successfully clinging to a rock and clambering up.

Crag took no notice of him so he came closer to wait for an opening. The chainsaw kicked back with a high pitched vreer before Crag shut it off and kicked the tree. It did little good of course and instead only caused him to grumble some kind of inaudible line of words and rub his foot.

“Uh…hi!”

Crag’s eyes narrowed at Domino. “What?

“I just wanted to say hi!” Domino followed him to the other side. It seemed Crag needed some cheering up.

“Get lost.”

“How come y’er up here?” Domino followed once more as he circled around the large tree, inspecting it.

Crag didn’t answer.

“Don’tcha normally work with all of ‘um?”

Still no answer. Crag returned to the place his chainsaw had sliced into and ran his hand over it.

“What were you and dad talkin’ about?”

He flashed a quick glance at Domino, eyes slanted in anger and a persistent frown tugging at the corners of his mouth.

“Your father’s a—“

“’Y’er wastin’ time ‘n daylight!” A familiar voice echoed from below, loud and clear.

Crag’s eyes were aflame like hot coal as he reached for his chainsaw, clenching his mouth shut and turning back towards the tree.

“I don’t know why they put him in charge of this project!”

“Dad knows lots about making trees fall over in the snow!” Domino offered cheerfully.

Splotch’s voice pierced the noise once more, “If y’er not gonna do anything, ya might as well go home ‘n leave it ta us!”

“Ah, shut it! I’m workin’!”

“Hardly!”

Domino noticed Crag’s hand now had a death grip on the chainsaw’s handle, almost to the point of shaking. At last he turned away from Splotch with a snort of disgust as he tugged the starter for the chainsaw a few times, however, in the cold, the device wasn’t working as well.

“Isn’t it supposed to start?”

“Get lost, Spot!”

“My name’s Domino.” He offered as he hopped over beside Crag, “Hey, isn’t that supposed to be sha—”

Crag smacked his hand away from the chain’s teeth. Domino blinked in surprise and scrambled back. He clasped his hands together and took a few more steps back as Crag approached. Helmet fins down, he began edging towards the direction farthest from Crag. That happened to lead to a dead end of the ledge which overlooked the creek below.

Crag’s helmet fins perked up as he watched. A smirk coiled at the edge of his mouth, eyes glimmering with satisfaction.

“Domino, Domino, my little buddy.” He took a few steps towards him.

Confused, Domino stepped back half a step and felt his foot begin to slip. Crag’s arm shot out though, catching him by his wrist before he could fall.

“Careful, buddy, wouldn’t want you to get hurt…”

Domino gazed up at him. His smirk had faded into a welcoming smile, so he decided to smile back.

“We’re all busy, you know, sometimes a little stressed.” He wrapped his arm around Domino’s shoulders as he kneeled down, “So why don’t you go play. Look, there’s a place just down there.”

Domino followed where Crag pointed. The frozen creek. Close to where he was working. It was at least thirty feet across or so.

“Plenty of room for skating, don’t you think?”

“But…I don’t wanna get in the way. My dad might get m—“

“Nonsense! I’ll be able to keep an eye on you for him, don’t worry! Just go have some fun.” he pushed Domino along towards the downward slope leading to the frozen bank of the creek.

“Uh…well okay.” Domino agreed as he was ushered to its side. Before he’d gotten a chance to even test the edge, Crag had shoved him onto it.

“Ah!” Domino yelped in surprise as he slammed down face first on the ice. He shook his head and looked up to see Crag smile and wave, before leaving and returning to the tree.

Domino grimaced as he tried pulling his legs beneath himself for balance. They barely stayed put long enough for him to spin in a circle. He crossed his arms and glared before scrambling once more. It pushed him a foot or so, but he still couldn’t get up.

The chainsaw had roared to life again. That was good. Succeeding was bound to cheer Crag up—whatever his issue was. Domino returned to his ice skating. Or sliding. Since he couldn’t stand, he settled for pushing himself around on his belly. Even that required serious leg work though and he scarcely covered any distance.

By now he’d propelled himself out into the center again. He paused, looking at the ice, then shivered. Black water was lapping hungrily just below. Down here the creek was deeper than where it streamed down the mountainside. It was a sort of pocket, a twelve foot deep pocket. It made him wonder. In cold weather like this…could anything survive in it?

A loud creak peeled his attention from the ice. A tree. Its groaning, wood splitting, roar tore through the forest around it. Crag’s tree of course—seemed he had finally cut it free. It was headed over the ledge he’d nearly fallen off of. Hmm, that was strange. Why did he want it to fall that way? Crag would never be able to pull it off of the ice. He couldn’t even stand!

The massive tree came crashing down, limbs lashing wildly as the beast of a tree reached the ice. At the same moment, he noticed the tree hadn’t stayed on top of it—it had crashed through! He glanced down as the shifting creaks of ice sounded all around him. Hairline fractures unfolded before him like spider web.

His helmet fins pulled back in a flash as he looked to the ledge for Crag. Nothing. The ice beneath him had begun to sink, letting the water seep above the surface. The front lurched forward and shattered. He tried leaning back only for that to split as well.

Helplessly, he plunged into the frigid water. He cried out for help as its razor cold current whipped him around. Near instantly his body was tense and he desperately reached out with one hand towards the remaining ice. It crumbled in his hand.

“Help!!”

His cry tapered off as the water forced him down into its depths. Struggling, he bobbed above the surface again. Eyes shut tight; he flailed an arm with slow jerking motions.

“He—ngh!” He cringed as he smashed against the tree.

His frozen hand caught in one of the branches and he desperately tried to wrap his fingers around it. Eyes now open, his head swished to one side. He could only hear the crashing of creek water as it slapped against his face, needles every time.

“Crag, help!” He cried.

The brown zetraloid didn’t move though and remained in his spot, watching with a smirk as the water battered him and filled his throat with ice cold waves. Water splashed into his eyes then his head dipped back under.

Domino’s cold limbs were unresponsive, rendering him unable to fight back. The black water pulled him and the branch down deeper. The light of the surface disappeared as the tree rolled, pinning him against rocks.

His chest was painfully constricted and at last, he could no longer hold his breath. Ice water washed into his mouth as his limbs thrashed in slow ripples as his life was choked away. He crushed one transmitter against a jagged rock, tearing it open. Its hurt did not register. His numb body jerked once more as water flooded his system.

On the bank, the others were taking a short break to assess their overall progress. Splotch was taking a few measurements and generally sizing up the tree and their next plan of attack. No one else seemed to be taking any notice of much more than simple conversation. No one aside from Snakebite that was. He’d known Domino had been playing by the creek and his sudden absence was troublesome. Not to mention the little zetraloid could have easily gotten in the way of Crag.

“Has anyone seen Domino?”

The others muttered some similar reply of not having seen the spotted little kid in awhile. Snakebite frowned. If he knew Splotch’s kid, and he was pretty sure he did, then the little zetraloid had certainly gotten himself in some form of trouble.

Without waiting around to ask more, Snakebite leaped over the log and charged up the hillside.

“Crag!” He called as he nearly slipped reaching the top, aided only by his claw-like toes, “Have you seen Domino?”

The zetraloid simply shrugged as he leaned back against another tree.

Snakebite shook his head before rushing to the cliff, “Domino!”

Checking back and forth, he saw no sign of the small zetraloid. The others had split off to search down the slopes by now. Everyone aside from Crag anyway. If the situation hadn’t been so urgent, Snakebite would’ve asked why Crag saw no need to help, but that was the least of his worries for now.

“Domino!!’

By now even Splotch, who had previously refused to help search, had decided to come along. Despite the others’ urgency, Splotch hardly seemed concerned. Crag gave him a three fingered wave before returning to his watching.
“He must be in the creek!” Snakebite exclaimed as he followed the slope Crag had lead Domino down.

Splotch walked to the cliff tip and gazed over the side—nothing but black water torpedoing down and over its banks.

Pointless.

“If he’s in there, he’s dead.” Splotch announced, “No need wast’in anymore daylight. If he’s not, he’ll show up.”

“But Splotch!” Snakebite gasped from where he stood below, “I don’t think he ran off.”

“You heard me! Forget him and get back to work!” Casting a glance at Crag he added, “And what the gosh dern heck ‘ere you thinkin’?! We’ll never be able to get that tree out!”

Crag merely shrugged and followed.

“The tree.” Snakebite murmured to himself.

No regard to the dangerous conditions, he rushed down the bank until he came to the closest place of access. He splashed through the shallow depths up until it was waist high. The cold seared through him like a jagged knife as he grasped the end of the log at last and clung to it. He pulled himself on top of it and balanced against the swaying current.

From the shore, Splotch and the others watched.

“Snakebite! You idiot, have ya lost y’er mind?!”

Snakebite could hardly hear Splotch anyway above the roar of water.

“Domino!!”

“Idiot.” Splotch grumbled as he returned to the log.

Chances the small zetraloid was still alive were slim, but there was no way Snakebite would leave without trying. He was convinced Domino hadn’t run off to play. He had to be stuck out here somewhere.

He took a deep breath and plunged over the side hanging on with one hand. At once he made out the shape of the pinned zetraloid, but there was no way to reach him. Reluctantly he returned to the surface.

“Get that chain over here!” He called, voice quivering.

Bracken and Fallow, the other two working, cast a quizzical glance at each other.

“No! Stay here!” Splotch demanded.

Crag had perched himself on his elbows against the log near Splotch and smirked, “Your son tells me you’re good with planning for the snow—didn’t think through bringing him though, did you?”
Bracken and Fallow had dislodged the chain and ditched Splotch and Crag by now, having opted to help Snakebite as the two, once again found their way into another disagreement.

“What?” Splotch’s icy blue eyes narrowed, “You made that fall that way on purpose, didn’t you?”

Crag looked up with a grin, “You could say that.”

Bracken shook his head as he tossed Snakebite the chain. The zetraloid could barely move, standing in the ice water, but did his best. He tied it around one of the tree’s thick limbs. He could only hope it would hold on long enough, “Okay guys, pull!”

The two wrapped the chain around their arms and began their struggle. The fierce water made it especially difficult and more than once, their progress dwindled back. The branch Domino was caught in started to surface.

Fallow dug his foot into the mud as best he could while Bracken continued trying to walk the opposite way. Snakebite took his chances, pulling himself across the log again; he grabbed the spotted zetraloid by his bandanna and began dislodging him with stiff hands.

The log creaked as it began to turn once more, rolling the opposite way. The chain snapped with a jerk, throwing Snakebite off. He held onto the small zetraloid the best he could as he struggled to pull him free, working beneath water once more. At last, he was free. He thrashed around in the water for a few moments before he was able to get upright and head in the right direction. Fallow and Bracken helped him to the bank where he collapsed to his knees, holding the limp little zetraloid close.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:51 am

Chappeetar Sehvin! Yaaaaaaowdy!! Very Happy 13 MS word pages of greatness I am sure. Allow me to get straight to readin'.

Stubby fingers. xD Snakey is still his only fwiend. =. Geez the pity and guilt for Domino appear almost as soon as I start reading. o.0 *blames this on your skill* Ah, nothing quite like a non cheery father to start the day. Aye, Christmas be near me lad. A time of joy and giving be it. Cheer up Splotch, or ye be pardoned yer gifts. >=.

The excitement of having a tree waiting to be decorated. Very Happy I know how that goes lil Domino. Lets see...snow today? Bandanna, check. Snakey, check. Sense of humor, check. Jacket.....bah. Ice skating was fun, or so it looked on TV. xDD Indeed. Toss and smash, perfect representation of real kids there. =. Ditto with the dreaming of snowmen and snowball fights. xD Snow, almost like free toys to poor Dominoes. =)

"DOMINO." Someone bellowed who didn't care no doubt.

Domino blinked and shook himself back to reality. His father was calling him from down the hill. He hopped through the mounds of snow until he was close enough to see and hear his father distinctly.

"Fathah." Domino started, a little ashamed. "I fear I've gone a little wee-wee in me britches!"

Splotch would have been angry had little british Domino not sounded so adorable. =3 "Aw son, how could Brad stray so far from the story like this? Surely he is not BORED reading Ten's tale is he?"

Domino paused and thought for a moment. "Why, no fathah. He just gets carried away easily that is all. And likes to make me british it would seem."

AHEM where were we? Ah yes, Domino was about to speak to Splotch. =) Yes Domino parents have a knack for telling you to grab stuff with no additional info. xDD Domino wanted to slide down mud. Willl Splotch unapprove? =. Splotch DOES care, he shoved Domino out of the way and saved his life. Very Happy Chewing out a coworker I see. BORING says Domino. =. Nice snow and ice descriptions. =O Easily imaginable. xD

"Near instantly he slipped and hit his knees on it with all his weight, but nothing happened. " <--- HA HA HA. I can SO see that happening. xDDD

Yeah Snakey, what's up with your skating failure? *sigh* Snakebite. =. HIDE SNAKEY!! Oh he's nice. xD Gotta love nice people. Domino needs to learn how to read the 'Time to stop talking' signs. ._. WOW Domino is really pushing it. xD Isn't it supposed to start? THANKS for that observation Sherlock. >=. xD

Dang Crag. You spoiled some of this part for me so I know what's coming, yet I keep hoping it won't. xD DOMINO DOESN'T DESEEEERVE THIIIIS. *crai* Domino cares about Crag getting cheered up, and here he plans to murder Domino. >=.

=O Very descriptive with the ice cracking and stuff now. 0.0 Panic alert Domino. D= Poor Domino. =( Everyone is so mean to him. >=. He's just a kid gosh. Cut him some slack guys. Wow. ._. That's a little scary when he's um...drowning there. And very sad. X_x Way to care Splotch. >=. Your son is drowning you big jerk. Way to give up super fast too. Just have Snakebite adopt him or something, it's pretty obvious you don't care. xDD Y'all got me mad at your characters.

Splotch is putting the pieces together. 0.0 Are you gonna make me like him again? xD
Very VERY well written chapter. 0.0 Talk about emotions, here I think Splotch cares, then I get mad, now I'm hopeful he kicks the crap out of Crag and therefore I'll like him again. xD Domino I always feel guilty for, you had me genuinely mad at your characters there for a while and even though I know Domino survives, while Snakebite was getting him out of the water I was wondering if he'd be okay! xDD You certainly know how to make the reader feel things.

Also, you described the snow and ice and everything very effectively. I could imagine everything perfectly and the characters, as usual, are extremely believable and consistent. One of my favorite chapters so far. Very Happy Thank you SO much for posting.

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:06 pm

lol
Splotch has been on the naughty list for YEARS, Brad, YEARS. C:
XDD Yes Domino has all things needed for the day. Aside from jacket. XDDD Perfect example FTW XD yes c: the gift of snow =D *suddenly imagines that* We got ya snow for Christmas dom =D *doesn’t let him play with snow til Christmas .,.*
XDD
XDDDDD BRAD’S VERSION. Olololol XDD
XDD Yes Domino has no interest in arguments apparently. Just playing in mud =) that’s much more fun apparently equivalent to snow. I’m glad I got the snow description down okay XD considering we had no snow here for me to base it off of >_>

Yes he needs to learn to skate like Domino =| XD
Lololol yes Dom does need to read up on signs to stop talking. HAHA *gloats about spoiling =) * XD
Goat: *gloat*
XDDDD He plans violence yes. Thanks for the ice thing, it took me awhile to get the pacing I wanted and wording that seemed to fit the action. Lol it was scarier for me D: I had to pretend I was in said situation XDD and I didn’t like it >3> XD Splotch’s find son motivation is at an all time low XDDD Splotch< I DUN SEE. I GIVES UP.

………………no c: XD I will not make you like him, most likely. XD
Splotch: Hmm
Oh, well if that’s all you want he might do that =) XDD Ololol! Epicness! About making you wonder een though you knew. You were probably fearful I’d pull some, he died =U but through *insert complex thing here* they were able to bring him alive again =D at the cost of Snakebite’s life of course Wink type thing C: XDD
Whew! Glad all that work paid off =) Glad you enjoyed Brad ^.^
My stuff!

And as CC said, cept I'mma dull down the language a bit =) "Aw heck, you better not kill Snakebite D: " C:

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Snow for Christmas. xDD Don't make him wait! Now he only gets water. D= Indeed. =. snowless Ten. Spoiler Gloater. >=. xD Nah you did good, only spoiling some things to make me wonder. xDD The gloat goat. xDD
Ah yes, putting yourself in that situation...didn't think of that. I was selfish and felt bad only for Domino. xD Sorry Ten.
"………………no c: XD I will not make you like him, most likely. XD" Okee, thanks for the heads up. Wink
Splotches find son motivation. xDD YES EXACTLY. Seems like something you'd pull. xD Now I wonder about Snakebite's future. ._. It seems....bleak.
Well said CC, well said. =. Thanks for comment comment. xD

Mega10
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 pm

you are welcome lol! and yeees I tired now I go eat >-U XD

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:51 pm

this was hard to write seeing as my main character was unconscious and it was sort of a transitional chapter.

Chapter Eight

Speckle and Smudge sat silently near the stationary lump on the couch. Their brother. He hadn’t moved since Snakebite had first brought him here. Their mother had asked why Splotch hadn’t returned, neither of the two had heard his response though.

Domino was wrapped in many blankets, only part of his pale face visible. He looked dead to them; Snakebite had insisted he was just unconscious though. Day was fading into night. Dark shadows were swallowing the glistening snow outside the window and the faint jingle of bells told them the wind had kicked up slightly.

Speckle sighed as she left her seat by the window and walked over to Domino. His current spot was right in front of a small kerosene heater.

“Domino…” She shook his shoulders, but he didn’t respond. “Domino!!” She called again louder. Nothing.

The front door slammed against the wall. Splotch was home. Dotti was there in an instant. Speckle returned her attention to her brother and shook his arm again.

“Don’t do that.” Smudge kicked her feet against the chair, “Sleep is good for him.”

“Not if he’s dead.”

“He isn’t!”

Speckle made a face at her sister before poking at her brother again. He still had no response. Their mother and father were now in the room, no doubt with great argument.

“I told him to stay uphill!”

“If you had been watching him maybe he would have been!”

The two glared at each other for some time, an unspoken anger sparking between the two. Splotch would never willingly admit to any fault. Dotti was the first to give in as she sat down on the chair beside the couch, casting a weary glance to Domino.

Splotch shook his head and kicked a stack of magazines from his path before leaving to get washed up. He left a trail of mud after him all the way to the laundry room which only added to its messy appearance.

There was hardly a moment to spare as a knock sounded on the front door. Reluctantly, Dotti left their unconscious son and went to open it. The sky was dark by now. She hadn’t realized how much time had flown by. She turned the handle and gave the door a hard nudge to open it. In her doorway stood Snakebite, his lithe form was rather easily distinguished next to most.

“Evening ma’am.”

Dotti frowned and put her hand to her mouth.

“I’m…sorry to intrude at such a time, but—”

He stopped. Splotch had appeared around the corner, wiping his hands on an old rag. Dotti stepped aside as he pushed by.

“Idiot.”

“Sorry you feel that way, Splotch.”

“I want you off.”

Snakebite frowned, but nodded his head slowly, he wasn’t surprised this had been the reason Splotch called him over, “Sorry about earlier…”

“Get out.”

Snakebite looked up at him, his face unreadable as he stepped back out of the doorway. “Alright, goodnight to you. Hope you son is o—”

Splotch had slammed the door in his face.

“Splotch…was that really— ”

“Shut. Up.” He gave her an ice cold glare, before turning back without a word.

She didn’t bother to try and reason with him any further, rather making a detour back to the room they’d left Domino in to watch over the little limp zetraloid. Surely life wouldn’t be so cruel to a zetra so young. She shook her head. The water would have been cold. Did he really stand a chance against its risks? Speckle and Smudge returned to their brother’s side. All they could do was wait and see. Every now and then his helmet fins would twitch, but that was it. This would be a long night.

Last edited by Mega10 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flipside   

Back to top Go down

Flipside

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Zyturri :: Zyturri Stories-